Aquacard credit limit reduced for no good reason

Options

Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 January 2020 at 4:18PM
    Options
    I read this thread yesterday evening and thought oh it's odd they haven't done that to me as well.

They had. When I picked up the phone there had been a text message yesterday morning.
  • philveller
    Options
    Can anyone else confirm if the facility in the Aqua website to explicitly request a particular credit limit is new or has it been there for a while?

I remember the ability to choose a preference as to how limit changes would be applied but this is an option for an explicit request for a numeric limit that you would like to have, it is under "My Card->Credit Limit Increase" and says "If approved we'll apply your credit limit right away".
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    philveller wrote: »
    Can anyone else confirm if the facility in the Aqua website to explicitly request a particular credit limit is new or has it been there for a while?

I remember the ability to choose a preference as to how limit changes would be applied but this is an option for an explicit request for a numeric limit that you would like to have, it is under "My Card->Credit Limit Increase" and says "If approved we'll apply your credit limit right away".

I don't know. I'd never seen it until after I read your post, but maybe I wasn't being observant before.

They just emailed me inviting me to take advantage of balance transfer offer for 6 months.

Although I don't want to I'd looked at that yesterday while exploring. If I'd done that up to the full amount offered it would take me about £400 over the newly reduced credit limit.
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    What is going on first !!! is ppr'd and now Ben8282 too. How will the credit card and budget boards cope. I'm now in shock. Makes you wander who may be next.
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What is going on first !!! is ppr'd and now Ben8282 too. How will the credit card and budget boards cope. I'm now in shock. Makes you wander who may be next.

what does "ppr'd" mean ?
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Posting Privileges Revoked. Hopefully only for a week or so.
  • Isitdoable
    Options
    I had the same issue with Aqua having used the card and paid in full every month. They reduced it one month by £1000 and then three months later added an extra £2000 onto the credit limit! I assumed they were juggling their balance sheets!
  • JenniferK
    Options
    I have no objection to Aqua lowering the credit limit - thats their perogative. What I do object to is lowering the credit limit with no notice. In my case they lowered it and informed me several days later. In lowering my credit limit they increased my credit utilisation to 50% which reduced my credit score. Very poor service.

Balance paid off and account closed.
  • pablakeman
    Options
    I have just had my limit reduced from £2,100 to £1,600 - I spend £750 to £1,750 monthly on the card (joint expenses for me and my wife, + some work expenses,+ random one-offs sometimes etc...) and always pay off in full. I have also just had a mortgage approved by NatWest that will complete next month - not sure what the cause of the reduction is, but as I haven’t missed a payment in 5 years, I am cynical about them telling me they are worried I can’t afford it! 
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • vonsworld
    Options
    I closed my Aqua account having been a customer for 7 years after they started messing about with my credit limit for no good reason and other problems. If you search for reviews of Newday Ltd which is the company behind Aqua, you will find they have many poor reviews and dissatisfied customers like you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback