BT seems a rip off for Broadband!! It was £37 a month, now £47!! Contract is up!

Comments

• Pluto88888
    Pluto88888 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    People need to start to ditch bt,virgin and sky

Smarty doing £18.75 unlimited 4g data three UK doing £11 unlimited data for 6 months after £22 pickup a cheap router on amazon.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    BT up to 80 meg + Advanced Line Rental + Calls + BT TV Max + BT Sport HD .
    £38 pm .
    you need to know what you want and prices .
  • I re-contracted with BT in April at £31.99pm for superfast broadband, which was the price I was paying for the previous contract.

I started the conversation by telling them I wasn't prepared to pay any more, and that Plusnet, etc had better deals.

So after five minutes discussion, I left with £31.99pm, a £50 Reward Card, and a free Google Home Speaker.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • couriervanman
    couriervanman Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    sunni wrote: »
    Now BT giving me Superfast Fibre unlimited broadband (72-76 mb) for £29.95 a month including line rental. They say Talk Talk won't give me free anti-virus and won't have 24/7 tech help!

Anti virus & tech help is worth........zilch......but talk talk are also 5h1t
  • ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How did you get this offer ?

My SUPERFAST FIBRE 2 UNLIMITED was !Infinity 2 contact up they moved it to £51.44 and for the same thing he said there lowest offer was £38.99

You got BT up to 80 meg + Advanced Line Rental + Calls + BT TV Max + BT Sport HD .
    £38 pm . for less! Was this through Retention and how long is your contract?
    "The time is always right to do what is right"
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    How that was on the last price increase August 2018 .
    Asked to cancel contract retentions made me that offer .
    Contract varied Line Rental 12 months BB 18 months

TV 24 months .
    Prices do depend upon contract time scales .
    Just dropped me £2 pm from TV to resign to 24 months for TV ( was 24 months from May 2019)Thats due to an ongoing change to FTTP .

NOTE
    Any new BT contract includes a built in price increase March every year with No Ofcom get out .
  • ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    BT up to 80 meg + Advanced Line Rental + Calls + BT TV Max + BT Sport HD .
    £38 pm .
    you need to know what you want and prices.

How did you get this offer?

My SUPERFAST FIBRE 2 UNLIMITED was Infinity 2 contract up they moved it to £51.44 and for the same thing, he said there lowest offer was £38.99.

UPDATE: I rang again and this time still offered me £38.99 and a Samsung Tab A which she told me was worth about £250

You got BT up to 80 meg + Advanced Line Rental + Calls + BT TV Max + BT Sport HD .
    £38 pm . for less! Was this through Retention and how long is your contract?
    "The time is always right to do what is right"
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    ahll wrote: »
    How did you get this offer?
    JJ Egan explained in the post immediately above yours:
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Asked to cancel contract retentions made me that offer .
  • I have had Fibre to the premises from BT for a 12 month contract 50mb per sec average 300+ on occasions. Now I want to move from BT, none of the opposition are allowed to operate the FTTP and have to use the old copper cable - top speed 11-13 mb. I thought monopolies were illegal!!!!!!!!! Anyone any advice on this one?
  • I have had Fibre to the premises from BT for a 12 month contract 50mb per sec average 300+ on occasions. Now I want to move from BT, none of the opposition are allowed to operate the FTTP and have to use the old copper cable - top speed 11-13 mb. I thought monopolies were illegal!!!!!!!!! Anyone any advice on this one?

Sorry but you are wrong.

Any ISP can use the BT Openreach FTTP BUT all the cheap ones will not touch it as it costs too much (in their eyes). Sky will be using the Openreach FTTP at some point this year but no timetable or prices have been given.

A partial list of FTTP ISPs can be found at https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttp-providers

You can also add IDnet and Freeola to the list too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure