Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with a can't be bothere day, KC, especially as it doesn't sound like it was particularly. Hope you enjoyed the sunshine on your walk.

Nothing guilty pleasure about our love of Death in Paradise here... it inspired our holiday last year! And now we spend episodes trying to work out where things were filmed while enjoying a planteur (fruit punch, complete with very rough rum!)! :)
    Thats good! I'm not-quite-guilty, but I'm aware its not exactly cutting edge, and I have a rep to maintain (no I don't, not really :) ).

I like spotting where films are made too - quite a bit in Liverpool, of course.
    <sneaks in sheepishly>

I'm so sorry, I've only just realised you had a new diary :o Figured you must be off enjoying yourself or something :o :rotfl:

Anyway, :hello:
    Hi Cheery :hello: how you doing?
    earthgirl wrote: »
    I have "can't be bothered" weeks!! Glad you are having a relax when you need/want to.
    Thanks earthgirl, I feel better for it, its true.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Your cant be bothered day is way better than one of mine :eek:
    :kisses3: Don't be too down on yourself beanie - your health issues are a lot more severe than mine.
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Somes a quiet, do nothing day is desperately needed! Hope you're feeling better.
    Hi Michelle, thanks! Yes, I do feel a bit more on the up. There was just intense stuff going on in the background, and a couple of social events where I had to compete with background noise (Starbucks in Sainsbo! Argh!) plus I poisoned myself with too much peanut butter, and it all added up :o
  • Karmacat
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Your books are stored in your account "in the Cloud". You are only deleting/add books for that device. Your sum total of books accessible remains unchanged.
    Absolutely - what I meant was that the kindle itself is still showing that there are 9 gigabytes of books on it, when I look in the "About" section, but when I look in the "books" section, they're not there.
    If you're selling it, put it to factory defaults. You don't want people ordering books as you.
    Absolutely! Even though the parental lock is on (why did I do that? - oh I know, in case I lost it while I was out) I wouldn't take that risk.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I still need a gentle day today. Probably some tidying up, indoors and out, and then a looong shower and wash my hair. I need things shipshape before the next lot of stuff arrives in 10 days or so, and I only have 4 days to prepare.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Absolutely - what I meant was that the kindle itself is still showing that there are 9 gigabytes of books on it, when I look in the "About" section, but when I look in the "books" section, they're not there.

Are you sure you're reading that right? Nine gigabytes is a hell of a lot of reading. Even with graphic novels, that's still shed load. (about 8 times the size of a kennel load)

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-average-file-size-of-an-e-book?share=1
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Yes I'm sure I'm reading that right :D

I have an addiction to downloading a lot of free kindles that are offered on kindofbook.co.uk, so I have shedloads :D

Just for you, I went back to Device/Storage, and stuff gets put into categories that I see as quite arbitrary (some books are called "Newsstand", some are "Audio", presumably because they *can* be audio, and some must be under "other" ... (the OS can't be 5.5GB, surely?).

Stats
    2.4GB of 12.6GB available
    Books & Newsstand 2.3GB
    Audiobooks 1.1GB
    Docs 46.2MB (though I deleted them all, and the list doesn't show anything)
    Others 6.8GB

Plus when I hit the home button, no matter how much I faff around with stuff, the only books that come up are the two I "bought" yesterday.

Going to log on to my account via the lappie, and see whats what. It might be good actually, and the kindle is certainly a lot more responsive :o:o:o

In other interesting news, my Open Office documents won't open :( I think I've delayed updating the software for so long, its pouting at me :p
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I've never thought about how much storage my Kindle has, so I've just had a rummage.

My Kindle is quite old, and I suspect it has 4GB of storage. I managed to find out that it has 2,692MB (2.6GB) of space left, and I have about 380 books on it at the moment. When I first got it, I remember reading that it had space for about 3000 books, which I thought would be enough!

It's about 6 years old now, and is slightly eccentric, but I'm hoping it has several years of life in it.

Hope you sort out what's going on with your Kindle, as it sounds rather confusing
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks for that Goldie, more info is good!

I've downloaded thousands of books :o its one of the things thats enabled my decluttering of my physical environment :o :rotfl:

I've found a way to re-download books in my cloud, which I'm happy with for now. Not going to do it wholesale, as you can actually read things via your Amazon account. And my kindle is currently back to its zingy self :j

I'll put maybe 100 back on there at a time, thats all. V happy with that.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    It's taken me about a million years to get back on here :o everything is on a go slow or telling me its corrupted :eek:

Kindle I took it back to factory settings in the end, thats made life simpler. Re-registered it immediately, now downloading some books, but my internet speed is Crawl Only. Very odd to see what it "chooses" to download first, no rhyme or reason to it as far as I can see :rotfl:

Norwegian holiday managed to pay the rest of the deposit, due by 28 Feb but there's a lot of stuff going on. Email confirmation received.

Washing machine Two loads done, and draped around the house :eek:

More dosh transferred money to current account, still not paid those credit cards I may be in trouble with one of them :eek:

Changed bed What more can I say :D I changed my bed :D

Downloaded photos from phone not really photos, more like they were forms that I needed a record of (ooh, a hanging participle).

Only 19 more items on the to-do list that have to be completed by Weds evening. The immediate things are:
    - pay ccs
    - apply for new passport
    - put a notice saying "free renovation project, please take" on the bike I rescued from my shed yesterday. If I have a bike, its going to be a folding one I can keep in the porch.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Okay, I paid the ccs :j one of which looked huge with home & contents insurance, annual travel insurance, 3 year railcard, train tickets and supermarket bill :rotfl:

And in the course of that, I noticed that Three had taken the money they said they weren't going to take :eek:

So I plucked up courage and phoned them after about 15 minutes. They *say* its because this invoice was raised before I made the complaint, and the credit note was agreed, though 16 Feb was specifically mentioned during the original complaint convo. Now they say the credit note will start from 16 March. We'll see. But its an added froufrou to my day that I really didn't need. I wonder if its resolved?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure