Car hire excess insurance

Options
Hi all,
I have hired a car with auto europe in Slit croatia. I chose the car rental company Nova after reading positive reviews about. It came out cheaper going through Autoeurope as compared to direct. I didn't buy the excess insurance offered by Autoeurope but am going to buy an independent policy. After going through Martin's article and online reviews, I have shortlisted few firms.
1. Eversure
2. Reduce my excess
3. Carhireexcess.com
4. Coverforyou.com
5. Bettersure is the cheapest.
6. Debenhams
Any personal experience or recommendations. I am tilting towards carhireexcess.com as I can see a lot of positive reviews on trustpilot.
Thanks for looking.
I wanted to thankyou a million times but its a shame that I can press the button just once :T

Comments

• EveryWhere
    Options
    Never heard of Bettersure. Perhaps you mean Bettersafe.
    You can include Insurance4carhire in your listing.
  • macgyver
    macgyver Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes bettersafe. Thanks.
    I wanted to thankyou a million times but its a shame that I can press the button just once :T
  • Backbiter
    Backbiter Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've used insurance 4 car hire and Questor. Had to claim from Questor after our hired van was vandalised. They were very good to deal with and paid out very promptly, so I can recommend them.
  • macgyver
    macgyver Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Backbiter wrote: »
    I've used insurance 4 car hire and Questor. Had to claim from Questor after our hired van was vandalised. They were very good to deal with and paid out very promptly, so I can recommend them.

Thank you. Let me add that to my shortlist as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure