What's your competition entry routine?

Options
I am new to comping but already hopelessly addicted.
I have won a few Facebook comps so far but nothing from anywhere else.

I was just curious what everyone's competition entry routine is?

I currently do mumsnet, pirate fm and iwon-iwon click to wins while having breakfast.

Then I do any new ones on MSE including any daily magazine entries and postal entries.

Sometimes I will do magazine click to wins after I have entered the main magazine competition.

Then I typically spend any other free time doing Facebook competitions.

What do you enter each day? Thanks for any replies xx

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I don't really have a "routine" ... Im generally "up to date" at the moment, so at some point in the morning (depends how much work I have on) I'll go through the newly added comps and periodically check for new ones throughout the day.

At night time, when I'm chilling I'll enter some C2W's on my phone while watching TV or something.

I generally avoid Gleam / Raffa / Magazine Dailies / Facebook / Mumsnet / Gransnet ... and I only enter for things I have a use for, so comping doesn't really take up too much of my time theses days (except for the Click to wins) but even then I'm not compulsive about it, I'll just do it if I can and for however long I can be bothered.
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My routine tends to vary.

At the moment I tend to work my way down the board first and enter anything I see on Facebook as they appear too.
    Then I search for Gleams to enter.

I very rarely, if ever enter click2wins.

I'll do the mag dailies if I have done everything else or fancy a break from the board (but I have usually already entered them at least once as I enter when they appear on the board)

I occasionally search Twitter for competitions but only ever won 2 of them, so don't spend too much time on it.

I'll also hunt competitions down on Facebook, as quite a lot of my wins are from Facebook, where I have more luck.

If there is something I really would like to win, I'll use the search function to find any competitions for the product.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    Options
    Routine!! :rotfl:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Alexipop123
    Alexipop123 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I!!!8217;m pretty new to comping, but apart from a LK Bennet bag from Hello! Magazine, I!!!8217;ve won loads on twitter and Instagram. My routine tends to involve searching hashtags for competitions on IG and twitter, then I go through the MSE forum to see what!!!8217;s new and enter that and then if I have nothing else to do, I go through the mag dailies.
    This is going to sound stupid but what are click to wins and is there a forum for them?
  • xLuckyxAshxWinsx
    Options
    Click 2 wins are comps which run on several sites at once usually with only 1 prize available (entries from ALL sites are pooled at the end and 1 winner picked) they can be entered once a day.

They are not posted separately anywhere due the vast quantity of them, however this is currently up for discussion here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5821326

In the regular competition sub board there is a thread listing all the sites that run the click to wins - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5697243

HTH

Ash xxx
  • bubblebabeuk
    Options
    I think I'm wasting my time on click 2 wins and magazine dailys. Might stick to the online entries listed on here. I do all the it postal comps,because damn right I want to win 45k.

It feels like I'm spending a huge amount of time and not seeing much by way of wins, I've only won on facebook so far!
  • bubblebabeuk
    Options
    I feel I am probably wasting time on click 2 wins and magazine dailies, it can take up a fair chunk of time with no results so far.

I do alot of Facebook ones simply because I've only ever won via Facebook so far.

Does anyone actually win those pick 3 numbers ones?
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    Options

I do all the it postal comps,because damn right I want to win 45k.

Thread with some ITV Postal comments

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5814410

They appear to have changed the rules slightly on the number ones as previously if there was no winner by the closing date that was it the prize remained not won - now they seem to "run until won", are smaller prizes and the odds for the 6 I looked at were all the same at about 400,000 to 1.
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I feel I am probably wasting time on click 2 wins

I wouldn't waste my time on the Pick 3 numbers ones.

With the C2W's I think the thing is to not take them too seriously, just do them when you can be bothered ... don't physically set aside a time to do them. They're a bit brain numbing, but so easy to enter. Best strategy is do what you do during the day, but when your chilling out / sitting in the garden / watching TV / Having a bath you can enter them on your phone and not have to think too much about it. I just enter them at night on my phone while I'm watching TV or a movie or something.
  • Freelikeabird
    Options
    Didn't really realise I had a routine until I saw this thread! Here's mine:
    • Make a nice cup of tea to fuel my comping session, maybe even push the boat out and have a biscuit
    • Check my email for any wins/get rid of spam/open the daily reminders for things like FPL, Win a Dinner etc
    • Visit Competitions Time and go through all the unread pages reading the message titles and opening competitions that might interest me in new tabs until I have either reached the end of the unread entries or filled my browser with so many new tabs it's about to pop
    • Work my way through the tabs entering the comps or discarding if they are not actually things I am interested in or have very specific entry requirements/T&Cs (I don't usually enter things that ask for DOB for example)
    • Head over to Regular Competitions and check for new Puzzler/TAB, and enter as appropriate
    • Browse through some of the other forums
    • Relax
    The main ones I enter are email/web/Gleam and RC, with some Twitter comps (though not too many as I don't like spamming my feed with lots of RTs).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure