Is Cashbean.in legit?

I hope this is the right forum to post this.

I have just received an email apparently from the "Collection Team" at Cash Bean - the senders address is @pcfinancial.in (copy of email at end of post). It looks like it's phishing - poor English and it's sent to 20ish email addresses and cc'd to 50ish.

On checking the website https://www.cashbean.in/, it appears that CashBean is payday type loan company for "Indian Individuals" (of which I am not). The website looks extremely professional, includes a very comprehensive FAQ and provides a contact email address cashbean.help@pcfinancial.in.

If it is a phishing email, then I assume the email address has been spoofed and they're expecting someone to reply to the email (since there's no links to press in the actual email).

I am quite happy to email the address provided on their website (rather than replying direct to the email I received) to get them to check if it's a legit email from them (and let them know that someone is spoofing their emails if it's not). And, if it is from them, then find out how they got my email address and what other information they may have. Before I do, I just thought I'd check here first to see if anybody has seen any reports about whether CashBean is a legit organisation (ie, an Indian "Wonga"?).

Thanks

Email recieved:
Sent: 16 November 2019 05:07
To: ***removed***
Cc: ***removed***
Subject: CASH BEAN PAYMENT

Dear Customer,
I am trying to call you and I already request you for payment but now you are not responding, If you will not repay your amount today LPC is applicable as well as no other financial company or banks will Provide loan and you face many problems in future. So I request you repay your loan.
We are pleased to inform you that your cash bean loan amount is Over due and late payment charges is also applicable in your account. So, I request you pay your amount immediately.
Might be Negative impact on your CREDIT RATING score and amount is increasing day by day with extra LPC Charges of 2%.So,Please pay your repayment amount immediately.

THANKS A LOT!!!

Thanks !
Regards
(Collection Team)
CASH BEAN
Never let it get you down... unless it really is as bad as it seems.

Comments

• JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Why not just delete it.

If it's not for you or is a phishing attempt there is zero logic in you even engaging with them.

Delete and move on
  • LucianH
    LucianH Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    JamoLew wrote: »
    Why not just delete it.

If it's not for you or is a phishing attempt there is zero logic in you even engaging with them.

Delete and move on

Fair point and that's normally my response. I'm just narked that someone has got one of my email addresses that I've been very careful with (limited usage). It's too early on a Saturday morning and I'm overthinking it (in a quietly fuming sense!)

Email deleted and, now that I've shared, I'll move on!

Thanking you for you listening!
    Never let it get you down... unless it really is as bad as it seems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure