Lose Weight 14

Comments

• ajaxgeezer
    ajaxgeezer Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    bails wrote: »
    Ooh, just seen your chart Ajax, is it geared up specifically for WW or can I put in my own points? On my plan I get 45 a day. Would be really helpful for menu planning x

can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for any points system as long as you know the points of your food and drink
  • grannynise wrote: »

Please send positive vibes to South West Wales to keep me on the straight and (if at all possible) narrow.

I shall continue to write down all I eat, so welsh cakes, welsh pie, welsh ice cream, welsh chocolate and aim to be no more than I am now on return. Is that feasible, experienced peeps? Or do you, I know you do, have better advice? I don't want to fall at the first hurdle.

Glad your feeling more Upbeat granny; If I were you I'd go for enjoying your holiday over weight worries. If there's one thing that I've found since I started SW is that if you recognise something that is bad for the old waistline then when you have it you make sure you enjoy every mouthful!!

On the upside wales is just full of hills so maybe after munching all the delectable offerings you might find the energy to pop up and down a hill just to even it out a bit.

Thanks for adding me to the chart LL I'll find out how dense I really am at lunchtime.
  • Lelc
    Lelc Posts: 558 Forumite
    I'm supposed to be working but so far all I've managed to do is read MSE threads and subscribe to weightwatchers online. Just worked out my points and if I eat everything I was planning to I'll have used 26 points (I've only got 21 points a day).

Shame about the alcohol - did someone say 21 points a week. Week after next I'm off to the Peterborough beer festival. I don't think 21 points is going to be enough!! Do you think there's less points in real ale? I can see me having to stand to type when I get back to work - plus do every exercise video in my collection.
    Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts - DFW Nerd 323
    Debt free date - January 2012
    Mortgage free date - November 2013
    Cross stitch cafe challenge member no 16
  • ajaxgeezer
    Lelc wrote: »

Shame about the alcohol - did someone say 21 points a week. Week after next I'm off to the Peterborough beer festival. I don't think 21 points is going to be enough!! Do you think there's less points in real ale?

.......there's likely to be more points lelc. I like real ale myself so asked my wife to ask her WW consultant specifically how many points were in strong bitter - the answer was 3.

Higher abv = more calories = more points. Real ales are generally stronger.

If only eh?
  • efrieze
    efrieze Posts: 935
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ajaxgeezer wrote: »
    If anyone on WW or following a WW points plan is interested in an electronic version of the points tracker, I've just knocked one up. It's the same format as the WW one but needs one less pen (albeit one more PC). It adds points up as you go through the day and shows what's remaining. There's a screenshot >>here<<, just PM me if you want the excel file. Not a lot else on it yet, but I'll add carry overs etc when I can be [strike]ars[/strike] bothered.

The plan eventually will be to add efrieze's weight table/graph, bring in the BMI and other tools and anything else useful.

(EDIT) I've stuck it on t'inter-web so there's no need to PM me if anyone wants it. It's on this page >>here<<

This is super - and very pretty. I don't do weightwatchers but I am tempted just for the chart.
  • dellybelly_2
    dellybelly_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    ajaxgeezer wrote: »
    ... i.e. men get 9 points to womens' 3 because guidelines advise men to have 2000 cals a day and women 1500. I have a feeling delly and I will be debating (fighting in the playground) this at a later date :)

Page 1 of LW14 and already you're wrong.ajax.:rotfl:. Recommended daily calorie intake for men is actually 2500 and for women is 2000 per day for health . (check your cereal packs and it'll confirm those figures for you)... 1500 is the daily calorie allowance recommended for women if they wish to lose the average 1-2lbs per week weight.

Having said that, I didn't realise that the guidelines for men had gone up to 28 units per week. When I was at ww last year women could only spend 14 points per week on alcohol and men 21. It may have been increased to 28 in the meantime. Perhaps if anyone is following WW online they could check for us.

I don't claim to know everything about weightwatchers. I'm not all that certain how they allocate alot of things. What I do know, I'm willing to post about! If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be corrected.! (benefits me too you know!)

And as for fighting in the playground - are you really sure you want to do that? I've always had 4 brothers with full sets of clubs (and my dad) to defend my honour at any time..... Mind you, I could beat your pansy behind any day...:rotfl:
    Goal for 09: Get fit and foxy. target weight 11st. 5/80.
    Get out of dead end job and work for career I always wanted.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    'ello

I'm not sure if the discussion about healthy alcohol intake is about how much WW allows, or how much the government recommends, but if it's the latter, it's 21 for men and 14 for women - click on this link for more info.

HTH

LL
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    furrypig wrote: »
    Hi

Just replied to 13 thread so will put it here too!

Lois would you put me down for 3lbs this week, as I weigh in on a Thursday so I let everyone know earlier this week but didn't make it onto chart, sorry if I weasn't very clear let me know how to make it obvious!!

Many thanks and congrates again to Rustynash on being star of the week as my kids would say!!!

Hi Rusty - sorry to miss you out, I'll amend the chart later. I'll make a note to myself that you weigh on Thursdays too, to avoid missing you next week. Good luck with today's weigh in - how did you get on?

LL
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • ajaxgeezer
    dellybelly wrote: »
    Page 1 of LW14 and already you're wrong.ajax.:rotfl:. Recommended daily calorie intake for men is actually 2500 and for women is 2000 per day for health . (check your cereal packs and it'll confirm those figures for you)... 1500 is the daily calorie allowance recommended for women if they wish to lose the average 1-2lbs per week weight.

.......I was talking about the 'losing weight' recommended calorie levels, as that's why we're here. :p
    Having said that, I didn't realise that the guidelines for men had gone up to 28 units per week. When I was at ww last year women could only spend 14 points per week on alcohol and men 21. It may have been increased to 28 in the meantime. Perhaps if anyone is following WW online they could check for us.
    .....sorry, I'll concede this one, I thought you were advising me of an across-the-board 21 points :o.
    And as for fighting in the playground - are you really sure you want to do that? I've always had 4 brothers with full sets of clubs (and my dad) to defend my honour at any time..... Mind you, I could beat your pansy behind any day...:rotfl:
    ......oh bring it on !
  • ajaxgeezer
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    'ello

I'm not sure if the discussion about healthy alcohol intake is about how much WW allows, or how much the government recommends, but if it's the latter, it's 21 for men and 14 for women - click on this link for more info.

HTH

LL

......oh jeez. Two concessions to girls in 2 minutes. I'm ashamed of myself :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure