Lose Weight 7

Comments

• lisele
    lisele Posts: 32 Forumite
    Morning all,

QT2006: Congratulations on your 1/2 stone! That's fantastic.

Eels: To clarify, I mean running but your curry idea sounds a bit easier. :rotfl:

Suggs: Well done getting to the gym even though you had the 110 mile round-trip drive. That really is determined.

So I maintained this week. Not a surprise as I didn't go running and didn't use my food diary (always means I end up eating more than planned). My goal for this week is to go running 3x this week without being nagged by OH. He said I only run 3x a week consistently when he nags me--so I am determined to prove him wrong. :D

Congratulations to everyone who's lost weight. Take care. lisele
  • faithless
    faithless Posts: 782 Forumite
    Um, does anyone have any tips about how to get around chocolate cravings?
    I'm terrible, particularly just before my time of the month - like Sat, I ate a 200g bar of chocolate in work :eek: I work in a petrol station, where all the chocolate is displayed right next to the tills, so I'm basically staring at chocolate all day.
  • faithless
    faithless Posts: 782 Forumite
    Lois_Lane wrote:
    Morning all - just came across this useful leaflet about healthy eating, that people might find useful.

Eatwell Leaflet

Argh, according to that chart I'm nearly 2 stone overweight from that 'perfect' line?!
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Try dark chocolate - a tiny piece goes a long way! Or hot chocolate drinks. Low fat chocolate milkshake? Those Frijj ones are lovely, very sugary but they're really filling. Also, when I have sweetie cravings, sometimes chewing gum helps, although if you're serving people that'll be out I guess.

2 stone? You lucky mare! Apparently I'm nearer 7 stone heavier than I ought to be! Although denial aside, those BMI calculators are ridiculous, because I'd make myself ill if I tried to get down to what it says I should. I reckon I only have 5 stones to go, so you're probably only a few ounces overweight :D:D:D
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Eels100 wrote:
    Try dark chocolate - a tiny piece goes a long way! Or hot chocolate drinks. Low fat chocolate milkshake? Those Frijj ones are lovely, very sugary but they're really filling.

If you're doing SW avoid the Frijj shakes like the plague!! They come out at 8½ syns for the small (250ml) bottle and a whopping 34½ syns a litre :eek:

However, Eels idea of the Green & Blacks dark chocolate is a good one - a little goes a long way, and I specially like the hot Options drink if I get a craving (put 2 sachets in a biggish mug for a good fix!) at only 2 syns per sachet.

Thanks for the leaflet Lois, it's very good.

Well done QT on that huge loss, wow!!

Suggs Don't be so hard on yourself, the Mullers are good for you and far and away better than going home and having biccys with your coffee :T

Excellent weight loss Eels - go back to bed for a fortnight and you should be like a string bean at the rate you're going :rotfl:

Jenpoptab What a morale boost buying loads of new clothes is - I'm really pleased for you!
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • honey28
    honey28 Posts: 1,546
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Guys,
    I think QT means she has lost 1/2lb since Thursday rather than 1/2 stone :o - see earlier post. 1/2lb in a few days is still v good QT. I only seem to be able to lose 1/2lb a week at the minute. Try and weigh yourself after a week though as your weight will fluctuate up and down throughout the week so probably your weigh in this morning is not fair and accurate to you.
    QT2006 wrote:

I am a girl, 5ft 6 and I weigh 14 stone.
    QT2006 wrote:
    Hey guys,

I know its early but I am going up north this week and travelling earlly. Weighed myself this morning and it was 13:13 and 1/2 lb so I have lost 1/2 stone since Thursday. Sorry its not 2lb..!

PS - I could be completely wrong so I'll go away and mind my own business ......
  • Fritha_2
    Fritha_2 Posts: 1,447
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ey up there ladies (and Suggs) well I've crawled out of my sick bed to post this (alright I'm just sitting on my sick couch but there was an amount of effort involved!). Nothing seriously up (honestly I'm not a hypochrondriac! No really, honest!) I've just caught a cold from my friend's toddler and my back decided to start being horribly hurty again, it's ok but I'm a bit scared to do any excercise and have been for the best part of a week!

So consequently I'm skiving off weighing myself today and I'll sit at the back of the class with the other naughty girls instead!

Anyway I'm off to have some (low fat) soup to make me feel better (*sniffle, cough, sneeze, snort, hack* That performing arts degree was a mistake really wasn't it!)
    Comping, freebieing and trying to pay the mortgage off early!
  • Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all, I am reluctant to post this week, but it is chart day and I did want to join! Lois , I have gained 2lb this week. There I have said it:eek:
    I now weigh 11stone 4lb. I need to think more before I eat and lay off the bread. Oh well there is always next week to be an :A
    Best Wishes all...
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • honey28
    honey28 Posts: 1,546
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Dont worry Julie - put it behind you and start again.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    faithless wrote:
    Argh, according to that chart I'm nearly 2 stone overweight from that 'perfect' line?!

Hi Faithless - you can be about 2 stone over that 'perfect' weight and still be within the healthy weight range.

I really feel for you, working with chocolate all around you! I'm addicted to chocolate too, but I don't eat any - I find that if I can get through the cravings for a couple of weeks, they disappear. I'm not sure I could last two weeks with it being within my grasp all the time - that would take an iron willpower!

You could ration yourself, allowing a small amount of chocolate each day and counting it as syns, or points, depending which plan you follow. Some people freeze chocolate so that it takes longer to eat it.

I've heard that people who work for the Cadbury's chocolate factory are allowed to eat as much as they like, the theory being that they quickly become sick of the smell and taste, and don't want it anymore. Maybe you need to eat enough to make you sick, and then it will put you off for life!

LL
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family