Lose weight 28

Options
It's almost time for the festive season with lots of parties

- there is still time to become more stunning than you already are :j

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save £'s but to lose Lb's instead :D

So you wanna lose weight? You've come to the right place! :D Need a chat, a shoulder, advice perhaps or even some downright silliness??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help us older folk quickly spot the losses, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible :) (Its helps those of us with bad eyes ;) )

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. Next one has just about started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month! :j:j The chart is currently maintained by one of our delightful ladies... me :rotfl:

A few abbreviations:
STS ~ Stay The Same (No change in weight)
HHA ~ Half Hour Activity, 30 minutes of whatever activity you choose, as long as it gets you moving it's good for you!
HHSS ~ Half Hour Sofa Slumping :p
SOTW ~ Slimmer Of The Week
SOTM ~ Slimmer Of The Month

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.

There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 19 and 20 :)

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! You might even enjoy it :rotfl:

Comments

• victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    me,me,me, I'm joining:j:j:j:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • bails
    bails Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Options
    Count me in! :D Thanks Fred :T
    The 1,000 Day Challenge:
    Feb 16, 2016
    500/30,000
    1.67%
  • Vixstar
    Vixstar Posts: 967 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    FREDSNAIL to save you having to trawl back through the old thread I've got a 3lb gain for this week's chart (and Iintend it to be the last time I mention the g word on this thread!). Managed to avoid the c's this weekend, mostly from the thought of having to confess on here.
  • grannynise
    grannynise Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Fred, and thanks for starting the new thread AND for taking over the chart.

No c/c/c so far today :j:j:j
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ooh nice and shiny and neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

I need to jump back on the bandwagon again. I took a look at my 6 month pregnant stomach after i had leftover chinese and decided i needed to tackle it again. I think starting from tomorrow im going to cut down the chocolate eating to once a day untill i can last every few days and see how that goes. I've been doing well on the alcohol too, havent got drunk for ages.

Granny... have you forgotten the smell of them?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks fredsnail for the lovely shiney new thread :)

I was also at an 80th birthday party last night but alas I was not as good as Granny.
    The food was truely fab though & I really enjoyed it.
    The birthday cake was great as was the eton mess~yum.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    k i'm back, back on track, should be back on duty at work too this week.Even if i'm only allowed to only walk part of a duty, it's still gonna be better than I've been doing.

k i'll be brave enough to show before and after pics to hopefully inspire others as long as everyone promises not to laugh at my pyjamas!!!

http://www.mazza111.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/piccies/fatty.JPG <<< xmas 2008

Seeing this picture was enough as get me motivated.

http://www.mazza111.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/piccies/sexy.jpg <<< after losing about 2.5 stones

http://www.mazza111.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/piccies/halloween.jpg
    http://www.mazza111.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/piccies/halloween2.JPG <<< after losing about 3.5 stones, yeah put on weight in past few weeks, but am back on track, or will be by tomorrow :D
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • dmv_2
    dmv_2 Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    MAZZA - those pictures are definitely motivating. What a difference - you look amazing, especially in the second picture!

Today has been way better for me foodwise. Woke up late so no breakfast then went shopping and bought a hot deli chicken so had a nice hot chicken sandwich (no butter as was fresh bread) and then made a chicken jambalaya for dinner but found out someone has been rushed to hospital so forced down a couple of mouthfulls then gave up. Am hungry now so going to have some cereal which means my food today will have been very jumbled up but better than it has been and ive avoided all the left over halloween chocolate!

Am going to start weighing myself again and posting my results to try to motivate myself again. So fredsnail can i please go back on the chart this week?
  • grannynise
    grannynise Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    Options
    Vix to the best of my recollection I have only once encountered one! I know, it's almost unbelieveable.
  • fredsnail
    fredsnail Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No problem dmv will add you this week.

A couple of us at work are going to start to diet together to keep the encouragement up so hopefully I'll start to make some more progress :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure