Royal Mail Dispute

15678911»

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Hasn't this been addressed up thread by this post?:

Yes it has ... and the quoted statement actually supports the OP's belief - the judge is openly saying that the requirement for general election postal votes (being processed without hindrance) has influenced his decision to grant the injunction.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't have granted it anyway - the CWU-driven actions were foolish in themselves - but adding that statement leaves the judge open to questioning as to motives. If the judge had avoided saying anything at all about the election then the OP wouldn't have a problem with it.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    DoaM wrote: »
    Yes it has ... and the quoted statement actually supports the OP's belief - the judge is openly saying that the requirement for general election postal votes (being processed without hindrance) has influenced his decision to grant the injunction.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't have granted it anyway - the CWU-driven actions were foolish in themselves - but adding that statement leaves the judge open to questioning as to motives. If the judge had avoided saying anything at all about the election then the OP wouldn't have a problem with it.
    I think the judge is just as bonkers as the UCW. :whistle:
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

You are reading it incorrectly.

The judge firstly determined that the ballot was not conducted correctly.

They then secondly had to decide whether to allow the injunction to prevent the industrial action taking place.

In reaching the decision to allow the injunction he pointed out that in this case he needed to consider that the impact wouldn't simply fall on RM if the industrial action from the invalid ballot went ahead, but would have a far wider impact on the country due to the general election.

So the general election did not influence the decision on whether the ballot was not conducted correctly - it quite simply wasn't, and the full blame for that falls on the CWU.

The general election did influence the decision about whether an injunction was necessary given that the ballot was faulty - and it was necessary.
  • DoaM
    I'm happy that I have interpreted it OK.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :)
  • pollycat?
    "partly I think due to your inability or unwillingness to accept your union was to blame for the ballot being ruled invalid"

i've posted numerous times that i DID think the ruling was correct in the eyes of the law so why post these blatant lies?

all these posts by me include a sentence with me being resigned to losing the court case before it was announced due to the evidence what was supposedly being used, and was!
  • Altarf
    I'm happy that I have interpreted it OK.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :)

Fine. But you are wrong.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    pollycat?
    "partly I think due to your inability or unwillingness to accept your union was to blame for the ballot being ruled invalid"

i've posted numerous times that i DID think the ruling was correct in the eyes of the law so why post these blatant lies?

all these posts by me include a sentence with me being resigned to losing the court case before it was announced due to the evidence what was supposedly being used, and was!
    I think you should re-read those posts and see if they really do say what they (you) think they say.
    I'm beginning to understand how the CWU continue to convince their members of anything and everything.
  • Pollycat wrote: »
    I think you should re-read those posts and see if they really do say what they (you) think they say.
    I'm beginning to understand how the CWU continue to convince their members of anything and everything.

#7 my honest thinking is that the ballot will be deemed invalid on tuesday in the courts due to some who had early access to their ballot papers

#13 and this i agree with you here, which is why we will lose on tuesday

#26 going back to the ballot results,
    no matter the huge mistakes made

#29 we were encouraged by the CWU to immediately post photos on social media as part of the campaign to gather support, this may have now backfired

#31 we are just simple working class people, as are most higher up in the CWU chain who know very little in the legalities of the strict UK laws in fighting fair and square,
    yes those at the top should know better, but it is what it is

#88 seeing as our albeit cocked up yes vote was voted in weeks before any elections were called

now unless i'm mistaken, all these comments i made are reference to the union losing the court hearing, unless you can explain to me what i was thinking, as you claim to know me better than myself!
  • DoaM
    Altarf wrote: »
    Fine. But you are wrong.

In your opinion ;)
  • Altarf
    In your opinion ;)

But that is the only opinion that matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure