VW Emissions Claim

Comments

• raydun
    raydun Posts: 15 Forumite
    What’s a claims jumper, exactly? Some form of cold weather attire related to losing material?

:rotfl: Well VW did try to pull the wool over our eyes.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 April 2019 at 8:30PM
    What’s a claims jumper, exactly? Some form of cold weather attire related to losing material?

You would need to ask Raydun as he used the phrase first, not me.

But lets face it, you're unlikely to get a direct answer.....

He'll tell you he doesnt feel any obligation to tell you.

He'll tell you he feels justified in using it.

He'll tell you why other people use it.

He'll even post quotes of other people using it.

But he wont tell you what he meant when using it.

:rotfl:
  • raydun
    motorguy wrote: »
    You would need to ask Raydun as he used the phrase first, not me.

But lets face it, you're unlikely to get a direct answer.....

He'll tell you he doesnt feel any obligation to tell you.

He'll tell you he feels justified in using it.

He'll tell you why other people use it.

He'll even post quotes of other people using it.

But he wont tell you what he meant when using it.

And this from the man who is OUT, who LIES, as he did use the phrase first (FACT) as those who have been following this thread will confirm. I could go on but have better things to do with my life than feed trolls.
  • motorguy
    edited 10 April 2019 at 9:45PM
    raydun wrote: »
    And this from the man who is OUT, who LIES, as he did use the phrase first (FACT) as those who have been following this thread will confirm. I could go on but have better things to do with my life than feed trolls.

I absolutely and categorically did NOT use the phrase. I've never heard of it. I only repeated it because you said i accused you of being a "claims jumper". I said something along the lines of "OR you could just be someone jumping on the claims bandwagon?" or similar but subsequently removed it as i added the first paragraph instead.

I've no reason to lie about it - if i had used it i'd have said what the phrase meant. I didnt because i've no idea what it means, i've never heard of it and i didnt use it.

Irrespective it wasnt an accusation it was an observation

But then you do seem to like finding blame with others that you can latch on to and feel aggrieved by...
  • raydun
    I absolutely and categorically did NOT use the phrase. I've never heard of it. I only repeated it because you said i accused you of being a "claims jumper". I said something along the lines of "OR you could just be someone jumping on the claims bandwagon?" or similar but subsequently removed it as i added the first paragraph instead.

I've no reason to lie about it - if i had used it i'd have said what the phrase meant. I didnt because i've no idea and i didnt use it.

Irrespective it wasnt an accusation it was an observation

But then you do seem to like finding blame with others that you can latch on to and feel aggrieved by...

So accusing me of jumping on the claims bandwagon is different than being a claims jumper HOW. ?

Anyhow I have absolutely no interest in having dialogue with you I have gathered all the information I need and you have been nothing but sarcastic and abusive throughout unlike those who have tried to assist rather than pick fault in everything I have written.

If there is an admin reading this please close this thread as it has turned toxic and is now offering nothing constructive.

Thanks again for those who genuinely contributed I appreciate your help.
  • motorguy
    edited 10 April 2019 at 10:05PM
    raydun wrote: »
    So accusing me of jumping on the claims bandwagon is different than being a claims jumper HOW. ?

Anyhow I have absolutely no interest in having dialogue with you I have gathered all the information I need and you have been nothing but sarcastic and abusive throughout unlike those who have tried to assist rather than pick fault in everything I have written.

If there is an admin reading this please close this thread as it has turned toxic and is now offering nothing constructive.

Thanks again for those who genuinely contributed I appreciate your help.

Gez. I posed a question based on an observation, not ACCUSED - see the question mark at the end of the sentence?. But whats the old saying, if you throw a stone in to a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that was hit?

And no i didnt pick fault in everything you've written, i asked a genuine question in a civil manner which you then ignored, said you wouldnt answer because you didnt like the question, said you felt justified in claiming but declined to give a justification, said why other people claimed, quoted other people, yet couldnt actually tell us what your reasons and material loss is? It was a simple question which should have been possible to respond with a simple answer.

And the only one throwing accusations about is YOU, as you said i LIED - and that IS there in the forum thread now, which i did not.
  • raydun
    zzzzzzzzzzzz

Admin please close thread.
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    But whats the old saying, if you throw a stone in to a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that was hit?

I recognized this bizarre and pretty meaningless phrase from an earlier discussion, and typed it into the search point above.
    Turns out it’s been cited on this site on six occasions, every time by someone called motorguy, each complete with a “what’s that old phrase?” preamble. I’ve never heard it anywhere else.
    I suppose if you persist in being its sole user for long enough it will eventually be an old phrase. You mightn’t even need the introduction then.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • motorguy
    edited 11 April 2019 at 9:37AM
    I recognized this bizarre and pretty meaningless phrase from an earlier discussion, and typed it into the search point above.
    Turns out it’s been cited on this site on six occasions, every time by someone called motorguy, each complete with a “what’s that old phrase?” preamble. I’ve never heard it anywhere else.
    I suppose if you persist in being its sole user for long enough it will eventually be an old phrase. You mightn’t even need the introduction then.

Oh, now i'm just cringing for you. :o

You just searched on here? Never heard of google then?

Let me help you with it..

http://bfy.tw/NApu

Used for centuries now, along with the American variant "throw it out there and a hit dog will holler"

Maybe theres others you havent heard of?

What about - he who laughs last laughs longest?

• qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 April 2019 at 10:12AM
    Well I’m waiting for that moment.

In the meantime you’ll likely be its sole exponent, which might explain the strange need for the prelude.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport