Hair Loss

Comments

• You can use coconut oil. Apply this oil to your hair. Massage the oil into the roots for a scalp treatment. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Use warm water to rinse the oil.
    Besides, you should dink lots of water and eat healthy foods to promote the hair growth. These foods should contain vitamin B7, B5, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids, such as eggs, spinach and other leafy greens, citrus fruits, nuts and seeds, carrots, avocado, and whole grains.
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've recently been doing something called fascia blasting on my head. It's basically a massage claw but designed in a specific way. It's actually supposed to help with headaches but people noticed they were experiencing hair growth.

https://www.fasciablaster.com/blogs/fascia-blog/headache

My hair has always been fine and lately it's got thinner and my hair line has got higher, so I'm concentrating mainly along the hairline. Although it's early days it does seem to be helping a little.

I've forgotten how to insert photos here.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,712
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I’ve used Minoxidil solution and Nizarol shampoo for years now and it’s halted my hair loss and even helped some regrowth. My scalp does get itchy but usually if I wash it other days with a mild baby shampoo it’s fine.

I tried propecia but stopped due to reading about the possible side effects
  • OP,
    It might be worth trying Nourkrin Woman tablets for hair loss - they're completely drug free (main ingredient is shark cartilage). As a male who's tried Propecia (finasteride) in the past but stopped due to mild depression as well as loss of libido, i started taking the male version of Nourkrin (Nourkrin Man) and in the month or so I've been taking them, my hair is definitely growing faster and appears to be in better health. Its probably way too early to say if Nourkrin will halt hairloss & regrow my hair but early signs are promising...I will take them for at least 7-8 months as recommended by the manufacturer to see what effects it has.

On the downside they aren't cheap, around £50-£60 for a 3 month supply from Amazon. Oh and they smell disgusting :eek:
  • Hair care does not simply depend on chemicals. Have you ever thought of changing your lifestyle.
  • Camila wrote: »
    Hair care does not simply depend on chemicals. Have you ever thought of changing your lifestyle.

Yup, i eat sensibly, am not overweight/underweight and do 10k exercise daily on my C2 rower. No issues at all with my health yet....like many men I'm not immune to losing hair. Finasteride was doing a great job but IMHO the side effects aren't worth it as it changes your bodies hormones (stops DHT production in your body). Hopefully with Nourkrin that won't be the case, as its supposed to be completely drug free.
  • Hello! I want to say that you are not particularly worried, this sometimes happens. You should first of all use any nourishing masks and oils for hair to restore their balance. At the very least, the skill of wigs is great now, so don't worry too much!) :money:
  • Hi, I am living in UK, and recently having trouble with my hair, can you please advise hair loss treatments that I can find easily in UK.
  • A patient journey and everything about hair transplant steps; consultation, preparation, application.

youtu.be/wVy1f0RsY38
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Only just seen this thread while I was looking for something else. I lost my hair in my late 20's along with my eyebrows and eyelashes but curiously nowhere else in case you're wondering ;)
    To say I was devastated to loose my long thick hair was an understatement. However, I managed to disguise it for a while but after a while there was no hiding it. My doctor referred me to the hospital & I had a couple of wigs from them but they were heavy and awkward. I ended up with 'fashion' synthetic wigs that with a bit of styling were fine. In fact few people realised I wore a wig - they were easy to keep as I always bought them in 3's - one on, one in the wash and one ready to wear ;)
    By chance I saw an article about zinc supplements to improve nail growth & as mine were always soft and flaking I tried it. After about 3 months I noticed very fine short eyelashes growing ( these caused me more problems than my hair - nothing to filter dust or sun out of your eyes) I have stayed on the zinc and Vit C supplements for over 25 years. My hair has grown back ( nails are better too!) While this treatment may not be successful for everyone I am sure many would to d an improvement.i wore a wig for 18 years and it's great not to have to wear one now.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback