Another Tesco Massive Price Increase

Options

Comments

• Benny24
    Benny24 Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In Tesco yesterday and on the shelf were their 4 extra long rolls of luxury soft toilet tissue. I noticed some of the packs had the little "New and Improved" sign on them.....................

Result......original packs 360 sheets per roll............the new and improved 241 sheets at the same price.............

New and Improved where???????
  • Wardy
    Wardy Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    Slickman wrote: »
    Tesco Value Tuna Chunks In Brine - 34p on Sunday, 48p today - 41% increase!

I saw this yesterday when I did my on-line shop - usually buy a couple of can for my cat as a treat - I can't stand tuna myself. I couldn't believe it and refused to buy it. Luckily I work near Morrisons so will pop down there and see if I can grab him a few cheap tins from there. You do get pulled into a false sense of security don't you when you don't keep an eye on the prices:mad:
  • p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the so called price cuts we are now seeing everywhere are really diminishing sizes of products.

And arent tesco hiking up prices so they can 'drop' them a few pence later?

Does anyone know if the tins of sweets we see now for £5 or £6 are smaller than when they were £8+?

xp00
  • kpwll
    kpwll Posts: 4,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do the shopping for my 89yr old stepmum, she loves the Tesco pastilles, they were 45p they are now 85p, that was in 1 increase. She also likes Yeo Valley yoghurt, 1 pack = £1.48, SPECIAL OFFER buy 2 for £3.00.
    Items are going up there daily, I sometimes wonder if they price the goods depending on what ticket prices they have available.
    As far as I can see the only thing Tesco's discounts are the customers pockets.
  • MOCHA
    MOCHA Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    Benny24 wrote: »
    In Tesco yesterday and on the shelf were their 4 extra long rolls of luxury soft toilet tissue. I noticed some of the packs had the little "New and Improved" sign on them.....................

Result......original packs 360 sheets per roll............the new and improved 241 sheets at the same price.............

New and Improved where???????

'New and improved profit!'

A lot of these 'discount brands' in Tesco are an utter con and worse value than the stuff they're replacing.
    They really must take us for fools if they think that people don't check the details and work out the unit cost!
  • Jasper27_2
    Jasper27_2 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco are definately the worse for this. I buy tinned strawberries as they are fine for smoothies and I can't affford fresh ones in the winter. They were 25p for ages which I thought was very cheap then they shot up to 52p then 56p. I can only think the supermarkets think we are stupid and don't keep an eye on prices. I've written loads of complaining letters to various of them but I really don't think they are bothered. I'm a supermarket !!!!!! and shop at all of them and just buy whatever's cheapest or on offer in any given store. I'm lucky that within 5 miles I have a Tesco Extra, Asda Superstore, Sainsburys and Morrisons and I know some of you don't have much choice.

Wardy, I'd hate to think of your cat being denied it's treat by the cold hearted profit hungry supermarkets so if you have an Asda nearby they had branded (John West I think) tuna in brine for 50p today!
  • Alan_T_2
    Alan_T_2 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kpwll wrote: »
    She also likes Yeo Valley yoghurt, 1 pack = £1.48, SPECIAL OFFER buy 2 for £3.00.
    Claim back 8p as a misprice :D
  • Moufflon
    Moufflon Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco Value Curry Sauce, was 4p, today 9p.
    Bisquick Pancake Mix, was thirty something pence, today over a pound.
    Sorry didn't have pen and paper, and the memory has gone!
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    adr0ck wrote: »
    not sure about peppermint tea (never had it - is it nice?) but clipper green tea over the summer in asda was 69p for 25......................now gone up to 79p - I think

been buying the green tea from lidl recently 59p for 25

Tetley green tea with lemon 25 bags 49p in a tub. Next to it 50 in a box £1.79p my maths is not great. But I know which one I will be buying.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • brogusblue
    Options
    Hello

I have notice that a lot of prices have risen sharply over this month like 2 weeks ago i buy the value chickens for my dogs they where £1.99 last week £2.69 each now £2.46 confusing i normally buy 5 at a time, My friend always used to buy the value items at tesco but he doesn't now as nearly the same price as tesco's own. Some of cheap discounted items look nasty i always think quality rather than qaunity.

Cheers
    Brogusblue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family