Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    durham05 wrote: »
    morning all, thanks for all the well wishes & hugs for my family. My sis is really struggling with it, and seems a bit like her family is all pulling in different directions instead of together, but they all will hopefully keep it together enough to work it all out.

ZIPPY Hugs & xxx thinking of you.

It's very early days durham:o

Each person will be battling with their own private grief wondering if they could have done anything to prevent it.:o

I hope they can all keep on talking it through.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    tweets wrote: »
    Will you please send some cool weather down here please our Poppy not coping she not eating proper and not her normal daft self :(

I know its the heat that's causing it so no need for long walk to the vets

I think our temperatures drop by 10 degrees tomorrow. The house is only just starting to warm up inside:rotfl: We've got really thick stone walls and it takes ages for the heat to penetrate. It's lovely though to come inside to the cool air when it's scorching outside :)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Hello Di:wave::wave::wave::hello:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,144
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Morning all :)
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    World Cup Semi Finals

France - JuJu17
    Belgium - Bargain Queen8
    England - Pacifica9
    Croatia - ElaineM

:T:T:T

Good morning everyone. I will be happy to go out next round - hopefully, fingers crossed. Could not go out to a better team.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I think our temperatures drop by 10 degrees tomorrow. The house is only just starting to warm up inside:rotfl: We've got really thick stone walls and it takes ages for the heat to penetrate. It's lovely though to come inside to the cool air when it's scorching outside :)

I am packing Poppy's bag and sending her up :D

I would but I know she would fret if her mummy left her and make herself more ill :(

So sorry she staying here with me :cool:

20180624_112433.jpg
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Hello Di:wave::wave::wave::hello:

Good morning TM how are you? I think that's lovely what you're doing with that young family. In still in them now a love for growing their own food and with your help and guidance you should all gain from the experience.
    I've just picked my third cucumber this morning, I swear they taste better because I've watched them grow :D but there are so many other benefits, it didn't come in plastic so I've saved landfill and there is no carbon footprint. I wish more people felt like this.
    I took dgd round our garden pointing out all the fruit and veg around the garden, I gave her raspberry but it shot out quicker than it went in :rotfl:
    She's obsessed with butterflies, I'm not sure if this happens in everyone's garden but they land on us all the time which she finds fascinating :)
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I don't get the impression that Dave is that old! :rotfl:

Thought so!

I know :rotfl: my thinking was that 'mud' sticks and he may have heard stories. Before my time of taking notice of things like that back then :rotfl: :rotfl:
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Good morning all

Nice to see you posting AJ feeling any better?

It was again a bit warm to sleep well but definitely nice and cool this morning

Take care

Hi mrsmac, I don't know about better as things keep changing. Mobility not great and with this heat I darent go out for long or go far. Struggling with breathing is becoming an issue but hope it's just the weather. I'll survive though , thank you for asking.

How are you getting on with retirement? Enjoying your free time or wondering how you ever found the time to go to work? Xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    Forumite
    durham05 wrote: »
    morning all, thanks for all the well wishes & hugs for my family. My sis is really struggling with it, and seems a bit like her family is all pulling in different directions instead of together, but they all will hopefully keep it together enough to work it all out.

ZIPPY Hugs & xxx thinking of you.

Durham, I'm sorry to hear the sad news. I'm so far behind and must have missed it. I think initially it's not unusual for families to pull in opposite directions but reality sets in and all pull together.

You're all in my thoughts xx

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• altojack
    Forumite
    Hello TM :hello:
    How are your feet doing, I happened upon one of your posts from a few days ago. It's a b^gger and embarrassing with fat feet shuffling along as best as one can.

I've suffered fat feet syndrome off and on for a few years but since before our holiday I've had fat ankles and fat feet. Makes mobility nye on impossible some days as I refuse to go shopping in slippers and I'm not wearing Mr AJs plastic flip flops ever ever again :eek: they're miles too big :o

I hope everyone is as well as can be during this heat wave. Yes. DM I know you haven't got it :p it will be with you soon,

Drink plenty water and keep in the shade as much as you can folks.

Hugs to the poorly Elite and special thoughts to those feeling low in body and mind, you're in my thoughts every day xx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure