Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• My little-ish @'s store which has had no kallo, no cow & gate, no propercorn, no hippeas, no christmas corner, has got raspberry dougnut muller lite. YEAH!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j I can confirm that they are still working.
    Although i'm not a fan of youghurts and usually give them away I did participate in one tonight as I have a tooth abscess :((I look like a hamster with full cheeks) and I must say they are quite nice.:):)
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I struggle to do 10, I was trying to think of a way to get a second account.
    I have a card waiting to be validated (bank insisted on sending me Tel banking number so they could ID me).. so I have the phone I bought from Argoos sat with an un-validated AP account on it.

Thinking, should I validate or not.

The atm thing is going to be near impossible - only one machine near me then having to go to town centre every day, then there's always bank trouts hanging about, too stressy, and unable to go at night time.

Tesco, I haven't even looked into that there's no T here and would have to travel out of town.

Haribo - seems like dead money to me, I'd rather buy things we'll use.

So 20 per day would be pretty impossible.

Looks like it's not just me who has thought about a card reader.

It’s a wonder I haven t turned orange with all the single carrots I’ve been buying lol also the odd parsnip , onion, 4 sprouts for a sprout butty for hubby lol , a couple of mushrooms although they aren t that cheap.
  • emerald21
    michaels wrote: »
    Nope, so no idea how you generate a declined transaction at will....

I was thinking of looking into one before to get through credit card/current account conditional spend offers, for example only this morning BA tried to persuade me to get an avios amex 30k miles for £3k spend in 3 months and then a free companion ticket for 10k spend in a year so if I could just pay myself using a card for say 1% it might work out worth it.

Not getting ahead though, I think we need to figure a good way of using the M&S droid vouchers as DW failed again this morning, we think because it was a sale item with more than 30% off but then how does one do 30+ good value transactions at M&S for 3/5 quid each?

I don’t think any sale item works never mind the 30% off . It didn’t for me as writing on the screen came up saying not to be used on sale items. So I don’t know.
  • emerald21
    michaels wrote: »
    Nope, so no idea how you generate a declined transaction at will....

I was thinking of looking into one before to get through credit card/current account conditional spend offers, for example only this morning BA tried to persuade me to get an avios amex 30k miles for £3k spend in 3 months and then a free companion ticket for 10k spend in a year so if I could just pay myself using a card for say 1% it might work out worth it.

Not getting ahead though, I think we need to figure a good way of using the M&S droid vouchers as DW failed again this morning, we think because it was a sale item with more than 30% off but then how does one do 30+ good value transactions at M&S for 3/5 quid each?

I think we should all be happy and thankful for whatever we win and just buy an item of food with the £3 or £5 as it’s free anyway.
  • emerald21
    Anon wrote: »
    The T&Cs do clearly state that any refunds will take the discount into account, which sort of suggests you return a £4 item on a receipt where you used a £3 voucher and you will get £1 back.

I think it safe to say that we need to be grateful we have won any and start to think of ways of using them legitimately rather than (further ways) around the system :A.

Anon

Yes I agree and said so further on . Just reading back now.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    This is a puzzle I was given for Christmas, finished it a while ago, it really does require tweezers :eek:
    puzzla.jpg

for those that have not got a microscope :p

puzzla.jpg
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. Mrs M hope you're feeling better.
    Won my first £50PE droid today.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello everyone. I’ve tried to keep up but RL is a bit all-embracing at the moment. But I did get two tickets to a concert tomorrow night via Show Film First, so I’ve not stopped being mse!

Someone asked about the January/February Boots magazine. The coupons at the back are:
    • 100 AC points wyb a No7 make-up brush or sponge
    • Free eye test wyb glasses or prescription sunglasses (book online)
    • Save £2 on Soap & Glory spectaculips galactic glaze or Matte-allic lip products
    • Save 25% on Champley’s Detox Hip & thigh firming gel (200ml), firming mud (350g), skin firming shower scrub (250ml), seaweed & sea salt scrub (450g), skin firming body butter (300ml)
    • 150 AC points wys £15 or more
    • Save 1/3 on personalised photobooks

Personally I am not impressed but I hope this helps someone.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    abailey you said you wasnt pregnant the other day!!:pCongratulations:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    nettiebobs wrote: »
    My little-ish @'s store which has had no kallo, no cow & gate, no propercorn, no hippeas, no christmas corner, has got raspberry dougnut muller lite. YEAH!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j I can confirm that they are still working.
    Although i'm not a fan of youghurts and usually give them away I did participate in one tonight as I have a tooth abscess :((I look like a hamster with full cheeks) and I must say they are quite nice.:):)

Hi nettiebobs, would you mind posting up your shop please and who it compared to.

Many thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport