NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    so the bank has made a complete mess of this switching deal the people who said we should wait until the end of friday were proven wrong if people had contacted them earlier the delays might well not have happend.

The lesson to take from this shambles is don't listen to the naysayers if you feel as though you should contact the bank do it some people are too trusting and accept everything a bank tells you as this shambolic switching deal has proven thats not the case.
  • scottygirl_2
    Options
    I have just spoken to them to be told I will be paid but he cannot say when this will happen . He would not commit ( which I understand) to even saying 3days, a week , a month so as Herbalus has said !!!8220;sometime it is then!!!8221;.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    so the bank has made a complete mess of this switching deal the people who said we should wait until the end of friday were proven wrong if people had contacted them earlier the delays might well not have happend.

The lesson to take from this shambles is don't listen to the naysayers if you feel as though you should contact the bank do it some people are too trusting and accept everything a bank tells you as this shambolic switching deal has proven thats not the case.

Absolute nonsense. People were calling NatWest before the deadline had been reached, wasting their time, clogging up the phone lines, and possibly slowing down the processing of the outstanding payments as well.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Nonsense.

By waiting patiently until 23:59 on the 13th people stand to gain compensation for the inconvenience of having their payment made late. This appears to be a standard £25 plus a bit more if you ask. £25 equates to a 20% uplift from the standard bonus payment. So the people whose payment is late should be laughing.

The "naysayers" were pointing out that it was in people's interests not to poke the sleeping donkey and let nature take its course. :wall:

If you contacted the bank before the deadline and sucessfully got your £125 paid on time then you've just waved goodbye to an extra £25+. :doh:
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I'm going to complain that NatWest paid me on time, depriving me of an extra £25. ;)
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    A shambles of a bank in my opinion.

Already started a switch elsewhere.

Hmmmm.. you MIGHT be better of holding on for a couple of weeks before initiating a switch with NatWest I think the switching team might be a little busy and might make errors!
  • Organgrinder
    Options
    Well this was my first switch and if i've learnt anything it's that my old bank, First Direct are head and shoulders above Natwest.

It's incredible how badly this whole process appears to be. Manually crediting accounts for example.

It would be interesting to knowhow many switched etc and how many are already moving on.

Halifax for me next. It's only £75 plus £3 a month but the biggest bonus has to be leaving Natwest!
  • mapk
    mapk Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. People were calling NatWest before the deadline had been reached, wasting their time, clogging up the phone lines, and possibly slowing down the processing of the outstanding payments as well.

Yeah, you'd have thought they'd have a dedicated team for each task, eh. Apparently it was Carol's week off and they couldn't get anyone to cover on the switchboard. :rotfl:
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NatWest - "We are what we do"

Aye, "Mess up"
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mapk wrote: »
    Yeah, you'd have thought they'd have a dedicated team for each task, eh. Apparently it was Carol's week off and they couldn't get anyone to cover on the switchboard.

It's not unknown for large organisations that do phone customer service in-house to have procedures in place to draft other staff in during periods of high call volumes... its not like taking a customer service call needs much more than having a phone and (optionally a computer). One organisation I worked for would even get the Directors answering calls if the need arose. :)

So it is plausible that the staff in the team dealing with the switching bonus may well find themselves taking calls from people asking whether it was Friday the 13th yet.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport