PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    I'm saying nothing about the "you might have forgotten" prompt on my online shop :o;):rotfl:

:beer::beer:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hope `whatever` has left your head overnight money, try and stay in the present

I have got up this morning with no idea what to eat today, except breakfast porridge and I am liking it nice and creamy with soaked jumbo oats and FC milk and a grain of salt. I will have to delve into my veg drawers and work around what is in there. The only greens are from my allotment, purple sprouting. I suppose I could do a stir fry, that way I get to incorporate the garlic as well as some of the remaining shallots carrots and fennel. So I will have to de-frost a small bit of stir fry turkey. Oh yes, good, I have some blackcurrant pie with very thin crust, will be nice with yoghurt (but tangy). That leaves me free for the allotment today, no slaving over the stove and no cycling as the lanes are disgustingly filthy
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 9:08AM
    Options
    I just double checked the sausage roll situation. I've got a detailed spreadsheet of everything I buy/spend.

It shows I've bought a 6-pack on 13 occasions and recently bought a 10-pack of snack sizes (which I'll count as a 6-pack).

So, 14 6-packs. That's 84.

There have been 31+28+31+12 days so far this year = 102 days.

I eat 2 each time, so on 42 occasions in 102 days I have eaten sausage rolls. 102 days gives "2 eating opportunities per day", so 204 opportunities to call that a meal. 42 occasions from 204 opportunities = 1 in 5 meals have been 2 sausage rolls :)

It's really not that bad .... as they are "meals" and not "additional food/snacks in addition to meals". If I called it sausagemeat slice it'd not sound so bad. It'd be bad if I'd just eaten those as a mid morning snack every week day.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A miserable wet grey morning here, first rain for a while though. I've work today so I'm taking hm leek and potato soup and gf seeded bead with ham on, that I got YS yesterday bread not ham.
    I will take a yogurt though with only a 15 min break today it may be a rush.
    Kittie my back is the same when I stand a long time, that's why it's so bad at work even a 4 hour shift , with no break means 5 hours if I include the walk there and back, don't mention the full days!, I hope yours is feeling better today.
    I've lifted out chicken jalfrezi for tea. I will call for the little fella on the way home.
    I'm hoping my headache will lift before I go to work, how do you wake up with a headache?
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • wort
    Options
    :rotfl:Caronc a bottle of wine is 3 large glasses , so I count in large glasses !!! Sounds better:beer:
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • wort
    Options
    I've just chopped the cheap mushrooms for the freezer as I'm not going to be using them this weekend.
    Thinking fish fingers chips and beans tomorrow!
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2018 at 9:50AM
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    I hope `whatever` has left your head overnight money, try and stay in the present

I try Kittie - as my philosophy boils down to "Plan things out for your life as well as you are able to (and yep...I plan to that extent many years ahead basically) and then try and Live the Day. Annoying that one's feelings aren't always "logical" and throw you out of doing what you'd planned on for that day. Did do a quickie/free Tarot card reading before this and up comes The Hermit/The Emperor/The Lovers in that order. What bit of interpretation came with it said "power struggle" for The Emperor and I guess this could be interpreted that way. Waiting to see what "The Lovers" at the end comes to.....other than the basic "follow your heart" thing on the reading....hmmm..(on that note - better go and check that scratch card with Big Prize I bought just-in-case).....LOL.

Anyways - done what I can re the person concerned. Figured out exactly what's been happening - and "There will be Words.....:cool:" when I come across A Certain Person (aka troublemaker) next time I see them - as I've realised she's "in there - boots in the game - behind the scenes" (I may be slow on the uptake sometimes - but I get there and figure things out somewhere along the line). But I guess many of us come across people like it at intervals....

But - for now - must take a trip up Tesco and see what inspiration (or otherwise) dawns on me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Back is good today thanks wort. Moving is good, standing still is bad. I have been moving and pricked some cabbages out, my seedling stand is bare this year but I am being picky, only sowing what I need

I just had an all sorts, blackcurrant pie, not heavy crust, stewed apple, almonds and yoghurt. I am waiting for my coffee beans to arrive, then will savour a lovely black organic flavoursome coffee, unless it doesn`t arrive this morning. I only drink one a day and it has to be by 12

Now what? It is too cold and dank for the allotment but I need to go pick. I am going to cycle , its not far and there is a hill, will wait until the dark fades to bit brighter. I am going to read today, nothing else to do really and I am not cleaning apart from the usual kitchen stuff
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just double checked the sausage roll situation. I've got a detailed spreadsheet of everything I buy/spend.

It shows I've bought a 6-pack on 13 occasions and recently bought a 10-pack of snack sizes (which I'll count as a 6-pack).

So, 14 6-packs. That's 84.

There have been 31+28+31+12 days so far this year = 102 days.

I eat 2 each time, so on 42 occasions in 102 days I have eaten sausage rolls. 102 days gives "2 eating opportunities per day", so 204 opportunities to call that a meal. 42 occasions from 204 opportunities = 1 in 5 meals have been 2 sausage rolls :)

It's really not that bad .... as they are "meals" and not "additional food/snacks in addition to meals". If I called it sausagemeat slice it'd not sound so bad. It'd be bad if I'd just eaten those as a mid morning snack every week day.
    Love the precision PN, if you count breakfast as a meal opportunity it reduces the sausage roll eating frequency even further :);)
    wort wrote: »
    :rotfl:Caronc a bottle of wine is 3 large glasses , so I count in large glasses !!! Sounds better:beer:
    Old habits wort, I used to work in a pub so always count them as a standard glass:)

It's tipping it down here and the bottom of my garden has flooded, I'll need to splash my way to the bin later...
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 10:36AM
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    I didn't realise my previous post had submitted!
    My Dad arrived unexpectedly, rather damp around the edges despite his wet weather gear. He was heading Morrison's to get fish for his dinner and thought he'd pop by, I suspect he was wanting a look at my "hamster" face:rotfl:
    Said face is really quite sore and swollen this morning but thankfully doesn't seem to have spread. The anti viral tablets though are making me feel very dehydrated so have been drinking water and weak tea like it's going out of fashion;).
    I'm not CFO tonight as my son is coming up, I'm making us cajun spiced salmon with baby roasted spuds and either pepper stew or salad. Lunch will be the last 2 mini pork pies with salad. I might make some more soup to have with it if I CBA:).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback