IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Notice to keeper advice

Hi
I recently received a NTK on or around the 1st March from Euro Car Parks that my vehicle was issued with a PCN on the 23/01/19 due to there being no valid pay and display permit being either purchased or displayed and the driver has failed to pay the notice amount within the time specified. As the keeper I was not aware of the PCN previously. The payment requested is £100 which is extortionate to say the least.
I have read the forum and am not sure if I just copy the template to appeal this on the eurocarparks website and do I also ask for photographic evidence of a ticket being issued to the vehicle?
And if they do provide an image with the PCN displayed on the vehicle but the driver failed to observe this how does this impact matters?
On a side note the NTK has my first name spelt incorrectly with one letter incorrect but I am not sure if this makes any difference?

Please could someone advise on the above and the best way to proceed?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• You should be able to view photos on their website.
    If this was an ANPR capture it would seem they have failed the POFA 2012 timescales.

In the NEWBIES you will find the BLUE appeal template - this should be sent unaltered so as not to identify the driver.

In the meantime go to advanced search for EURO POPLA and change the search from threads to posts.
    This will be the next step once they reject your appeal.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The spelling of a name makes no difference.
    I have read the forum and am not sure if I just copy the template to appeal this on the eurocarparks website
    Of course, that's what the NEWBIES thread tells you, stop worrying!
    and do I also ask for photographic evidence of a ticket being issued to the vehicle?
    Yes as long as you do not say who was driving by adding that sentence. And be aware maybe ECP mean that in January a PCN was posted to you, and this is the second letter (ECP rarely issue windscreen PCNs).

You can certainly log in to view the photos, with most PPCs. So have a look.
    And if they do provide an image with the PCN displayed on the vehicle but the driver failed to observe this how does this impact matters?
    It doesn't matter.

Try POPLA (after looking at all the zillions of other threads about Euro POPLA cases) and win or lose, ignore ECP after that like everyone does. Please search for and read other Euro threads about appeals stages an POPLA, including people who have lost and are happily ignoring the eejits.

Saves us a lot of time, and helps you know what to expect, if you search & read similar threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi- thanks for the response- apologies, i should have stated that it was a pay and enter reg nos car park but the driver cannot remember if a ticket was purchased and does not recall a pcn being attached to the windscreen- if a ticket was not purchased and no evidence is there any real point in appealing regardless of the knowledge of being issued with a PCN? Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Worth trying, because people win on things like 'no landowner authority' at POPLA stage.

Appeals on this forum are NOT about telling the story of what happened, you know.

Please read other Euro POPLA threads, saves us typing and you will learn more. You will not be paying it even if you don't appeal. Paying is not an option.
  • Hi.
    Sorry to jump on this thread.
    I've checked on the Newbies thread and can't find the answer I need there.
    I've received a PCN from a IPC member , they are stating that the vehicle they describe in the PCN was parked in a disabled bay with no valid blue badge on display.
    I still wait for NTK , right? And follow the same rules?

Cheers.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi.
    Sorry to jump on this thread.
    I've checked on the Newbies thread and can't find the answer I need there.
    I've received a PCN from a IPC member , they are stating that the vehicle they describe in the PCN was parked in a disabled bay with no valid blue badge on display.
    I still wait for NTK , right? And follow the same rules?

Cheers.

Please start a new thread of your own. You won't get the help you want on someone else's thread.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hi- thanks for all the responses- I have used the BLUE template to appeal on ECP’s website. The only question I have now is does it matter that I have only appealed now when I have received a NTK in terms of then proceeding to POPLA stage as I have been reading about timeframes etc and I am a bit confused.

Of course I will now continue to search and read all “Euro POPLA” threads and try to understand what to do next once my appeal is rejected but if someone can give me a brief insight that would be most helpful.

Thanks.
  • Holymint
    Holymint Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi- just wanted to update from my last post- I never received a response from ECP’s after appealing on their website. Instead, a DRP letter in May and another one this month stating "notice of intended court action". I know the general advice seems to be to ignore which I have- however- I have been trawling through the forum and it seems there are frequent posts about court action so I guess that I may be looking at the same- so with that in mind is there any advice of how I can prepare myself now before I assume DRP will go back to ECP and recommend court action and I will receive the next letter from their appointed solicitors etc. Or letter before action/letter of action? It does seem that court action is happening on a consistent basis looking at the threads. Anyway- any advice/comments apart from the obvious?( sit tight and keep reading the threads/newbie sections) :-)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ECP don't do court.

If you get court papers, you'll be the first.
  • Coupon-mad
    Yep, no need to worry about ECP trying court, at this point in time!

Complain to Steve Clark at the BPA about not receiving a reply & POPLA code:

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

He can often get a POPLA code for people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure