Quote from Andura Guard for rendering/pointing

Comments

• is all mainly just a sales pitch.. all of it
  • Like i said earlier, why not ring a local plasterer after all it is his trade. Its like double glazing, go with a national company and you will pay through the roof, find a local tradesman and you will probably save hundreds. All these big companys sub the work out mostly to local tradesman anyway. As plasterers we normally use the same materials as them, and a good plasterer will always guarantee his work (i do) and there be none of this finance rip off crap either.
  • I too have had a similar experience to Enlishma. The first salesman quoted £22,000. Ihave today spent 3 hours with the 'manager' who has agreed to do the work for £3565 id I sign up now and have the work done immediately as he has workmen sitting around waiting for work.
    Stupidly I have fallen for this sales pitch and signed up and given my credit card details to pay the deposit. I wonder if this was foolish!
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    cancel it imeadiately.

ps.
    i had to lend him a torch:rotfl:classic!
    Get some gorm.
  • Crickey, how do they get away with these things????? DONT FORGET YOU HAVE 7 DAYS MINIMUM COOLING OFF PEROID FOR ANY ORDERS AND 30 DAYS FOR CREDIT FACILITIES. YOUR CARD COMPANY WILL ALSO STOP THE PAYMENT OR RECLAIM IT IF YOU ARE WITHIN THESE PERIODS.
    Most of these sales methods are standard within the direct marketing game. I could (if it was allowed) offer you a great rendering co, that did 275 sq mtrs for us last year for around 10k, did it in 2 weeks and with 10 year warranty.
  • Similar to enlishma:
    Apex Direct Promotions visit our street in Bristol early this month offering a FREE survey to assess house finish surface for possible future remedial work. I point out that I was not interested in a surface coating product but was assured it was just an assessment. As I have some problems with my spar finish I thought what the heck!

Had a call middle last week and agreed to see representative from Andora Guard, Bob M, on weekend. He pointed out some issues with rendering, some of which I knew about, I did say that as no internal damp or mould and no exterior algae therefore short term there was no urgent remedial work necessary.

The DVD starring Michael Fish was convincing and asked about addresses of properties in area which he wasn't forcoming and just commented about a woman in part of Bristol being very impressed with finished and recommended to other members of family. Bells started to ring especially when hard sell started and quoted £1,500 per square metre for terrace house and early discount with £1,150 par sq m then went onto long term payments, which after 3 hours of visit, told him that our circumstances would not allow. I therefore suggest he does not work for Andura Guard.

Filled in form stating not intended to go ahead but had a call David Willis who wanted to give better survey and special costs but told him not at this time and would contact him if I wanted to go ahead in future. His last comment before putting the phone down was "your wasting my time".

Funny how a "free survey" can end up with you spending a lot of money. If I do go ahead I might choose a builder of my choice and ask him to apply Andura Guard.

• A young woman just called at my door with a plastic ID card saying she was from Apex. I always ask the same thing "what are you selling" lol! She said they were looking at properties in my street that are older than 1930. I asked if she was representing the council or another local authority. She obviously had a script to stick to, but I just said I wasn't interested as I had heard of them before. She was a bit huffy but walked away. I have learned in the past from these kind of callers. Why do you need to advertise out of your own area? The reason would appear to be that they are cowboys and overpriced at that. Don't even entertain it.
  • !!!! Please Dont Use These Guys They Are Cowboys And Will Ruin Your House!!! This Company Was Previously Known As Mosaic Erp Ltd And Appeared On Rouge Traders Thats Why They Got The Name Changed, I See There Work On A Regular Basiss And It Saddens Me Because The Customers Are Elderley And They Have Been Conned Into Buying Something That Is Not Worth A Fraction Of What Is Quoted.. You Have Been Quoted Far Far To Much. Shop Around Find A Local Company That Have Testimonials To Back Up There Work. It Will Save You The Distress And Heartache.. Look Up Mosiac Erp Rouge Traders ...
  • They must be on a Sales push, I've had their pitch and the price went from £13,500 for a 2up 2down mid terrace in Portsmouth down to £4000(ish - I got bored after 2 and a half hours). Didn't sign on the night obviously but unfortunatly still tempted, reckon if they get the price down to a grand I might do it... Any thoughts?

Edited to ask if anyone has actually had it done?
    First win Friday 13th! Knew it was a lucky day for me :p
    2009 Wins: Special K, Super Glue & Little Dish Ruck Sack
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    from 13 grand to 4 grand and then maybe to 1 grand?
    i think youve answered your own question.

id rather give the grand to the salvation army.
    Get some gorm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport