IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

£100 PCN for 4 mins

124»

Comments

• Woppyman72
    Woppyman72 Posts: 63 Forumite
    One Parking Solution is run by two convicted criminals found guilty of running LTD ‘Security’ companies whilst declaring them insolvent.

I’d definitely fight this one, CM will give you some excellent advice.

I’ve got an OPS POPLA claim on the go at the moment under similar circumstances.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,419 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I am happy to assist and show up with people as support at their hearing, if someone gets a PCN claim case that goes to Worthing or Brighton court.

This is Peacehaven Co-op I assume. I know they changed the markings from nothing, to a 'loading bay' and still scam people by pointing the CCTV at the loading bay and assuming people aren't loading.

How can they know? Do they care? (no).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Woppyman72
    Woppyman72 Posts: 63 Forumite
    OP, does the CCTV show a clear view of the vehicle concerned, including all seats within the vehicle?

You mentioned the fact OPS are refusing to provide a grace period as the driver was buying an item from the shop.

Could there not have been a passenger in the vehicle, not clear in the pictures who was reading the signs, then communicated with the driver and a decision was made not to park?

Under these circumstances a grace period should be allowed to read the signs, understand that there is a contractual term to park within a bay then do so.

The fact the driver decided to purchase an item and entrust this to a passenger meantime is just a sensible division of labour ;)
  • ParkingMad
    ParkingMad Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Co-op head office have advised that their executive team are in ongoing talks with the landowner about this car park.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    follow CM's advice in post #34 and earlier ... people would bite your hand off to get this offer.

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,419 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ParkingMad wrote: »
    Co-op head office have advised that their executive team are in ongoing talks with the landowner about this car park.
    Good, can you get that by email?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ParkingMad
    No, they won't confirm this in writing.
  • ParkingMad
    edited 30 July 2019 at 10:49AM
    Interesting comments about One Parking Solution by the Brighton and Peacehaven MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2294247314122381&id=186537616%20%200342834

Lloyd Russell-Moyle MP
    12 July at 02:48 ·
    I am a regular at Greggs and a big fan of their sausage rolls but my inbox has been filling up with some very unhappy customers.

It seems the new Peacehaven shop has become a money spinner of a different kind not for Greggs but for a private parking company.

This morning my office spoke to Peacehaven Greggs staff who said that there are as many as 30 parking tickets a day issued outside the shop.

At £100 a pop that is a potential £3,000 a day from people ducking in for a baked good.

I am writing to The Co-op and Greggs about the seemingly aggressive tactics of One Parking Solution as well as writing to them directly about their aggressive tactics and appeals process.

If you have had a legitimate appeal denied or a negative experience please get in contact with my office on lloyd@russell-moyle.co.uk

Also just a quick final reminder, please don't be rude to the staff in these shops, they haven't made these policy decisions and are just trying to do their jobs.
  • ParkingMad
    edited 30 July 2019 at 10:50AM
    Great news from the Brighton and Peacehaven MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle regarding One Parking Solution.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/LloydRussellMoyle/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Lloyd Russell-Moyle MP
    25 July 2019

A win for Greggs fans and Peacehaven residents!
    My office has just been informed that One Parking Solution has had their contract cancelled and will no longer be monitoring the site as of the 3rd of August.
    The site's management have committed to better yellow lines and clearer signage around parking arrangements for the car park that services Greggs, Costa and the Co-op.
    For those of you who don't know, One Parking Solution had been engaged in alleged predatory behaviour, ticketing cars for sometimes very dubious reasons.
    I was told by staff working in the nearby shops that they would issue more than 10 tickets a day, pulling in thousands of pounds a week for the parking company.
    Thanks to the Co-op, Costa, Greggs and all the residents that raised the issue and put pressure on the site management to get the change.
    We can all drop in for a sausage roll without fear of an unfair parking ticket!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure