IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

7.30pm Good vehicle loading only fine

I've just received a letter in the post that I've been fined for parking in a "Good vehicle loading Only" space at 7.30pm.

My fine has been increased from £70 to £105 due to not knowing I had a fine to begin with. Pictures online shows my vehicle parked however no evidence of any ticket being placed on vehicle.

The fine is with East Sussex county council.
Am I able to dispute my fine for parking in loading only at 7.30pm - as no signs state any times?
Could I dispute the increased fine for not paying within 14 days?

Parking spot is 42 Grove Rd, Eastbourne, England.
Google maps shows the tiny sign that states 2Good vehicle loading Only"

Many thanks,
Jason

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You need to take this to pepipoo for best advice

This forum majors on private parking charges not proper fines
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Indeed, pepipoo and the council tickets forum. READ OTHER THREADS FIRST so you ensure you priovide all the info REQUIRED
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Post there to see if they can find you an 'out' but what you need to know about road signs is, if no times are stated, then the restriction applies 24/7. It's in the Highway Code I'm sure. Why park in a Goods Vehicle loading bay? Rhetorical question only, don't worry.

You already know from the back of the PCN that the discount is re-offered if you appeal within 14 days, it tells you that, like all Council PCNs do.

Anyway, no Hotmail emails on pepipoo - so register with a non-Hotmail email and show their Council PCN expert posters BOTH SIDES of that PCN and see if they can spot something, plus a screenshot of Google Streetview, or from the Council website page about your PCN, showing that exact sign.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure