so excited PPI reclaim

After years of debt , I was a completely self funding student .....had to borrow money to pay for my course also had a career development loan and owed loads and loads of money when I qualified in December 1999 .........struggled for years to pay debts off , had massive bank loans , credit card with PPI .... Only took out credit card to buy food and travel expenses and to pay rent and loans...I really was in a completely difficult situation....Passed exams started to work and pay debts off.....In 2007 I realized i had PPI on my credit card and asked for a refund....I still have the paper work and the refusal letter don;t know why but I kept it. Anyway a couple of months ago I tried to reclaim the PPI , the bank again said NO but said they would pay me back the commission on the CRP £848 ..... :j I was delighted but angry that they said that I knew I was paying this premium, I completely did not understand that this was an optional payment that I could have declined.... When you are desperate for money and know that you have been cheated you get angry. I then decided to scrutinize my bank loans and did the banks on line reclaim PPI for bank loans...........I also had evidence from 2005 when they put PPI on a loan that I had declined to have it on.....I kept the apology letter again I don't know why but I did...........SO I DO KNOW THAT THEY DO PUT PPI ON WHEN YOU SAY NO .....anyway while I was very angry I applied for repayment of loan PPI ..........I sent the details that I had, not thinking I would get a JOT .... THIS week I have had just shy of £8000 paid back into my bank account.... I am dancing on air (or I would be if I wasn't waiting for a serious operation)........ DELIGHTED is not the word...THANK YOU MARTIN ....... I just cannot believe that they agreed I was miss-sold PPI on loans but said I had not been on my credit card......I KNOW that the said BANK did not do paper work CORRECTLY in 2005 as the did put PPI on a different account that I ABSOLUTELY said NO TO............I am so happy because I will be able to pay my bills while recovering from a major operation...... I think that they have declined PPI on my credit card because it was so HIGH they would have to pay me back THOUSANDS.... I AM JUST SO HAPPY THAT I HAVE HAD A SUBSTANTIAL amount of PPI back from loans It means that I will still be able to pay my bills and buy food while not working.:rotfl::rotfl: .......

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Credit card PPI was listed on every statement as a separate charge so you did know about it. If you didn't want it then why did you wait until 2007 when you had been paying it every month for 8 years? That's why there is a reason to refuse it
  • Duraphat
    Duraphat Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 16 June 2019 at 2:28PM
    purely because I had an extreme amount of student dept I was grateful that I had been granted a credit card...I had not had one before .... I did not know that this charge was an optional charge... I was completely naive , at the time having a credit card helped me to pay my bills . If I had known it was optional I would not have had an average of £90 a month on my credit card....the charge could have been used to pay the bill if i had understood what it was.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Duraphat wrote: »
    I did not know that this charge was an optional charge..

You either ticked the box on the application form to say you wanted it or agreed to it when they sold it over the phone when you activated the card, forgetting is not an issue, it's just the reality.
    Duraphat wrote: »
    ..my financial situation was dire .....and I was completely naive , at the time having a credit card helped me to pay my bills . If I had known it was optional I would not have had an average of £90 a month on my credit card......

PPI was typically 70-80p per £100 of debt, even if it was £1 per £100 of debt, you're saying you were carrying over £9000 of debt on the card every month? And average? Meaning at times you had £10,000+ debt on the card?

Any which way, just explaining why they only paid you the Plevin commission and why the product wasn't considered miss-sold
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure