E.on Fix Online v20

Comments

• Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    And as I've said many times I'm not interested in what you think about my lack of desire for a smart meter. Like I said, you're obsessed.

I don't think you quite understand the concept of discussions. One person says something then the other person says something then that repeats. So if you keep replying then i will also reply if i have something else to say....

You may not be interested in what i have to say but when i see people post online who are so resistant to change they will refuse to even discuss how they might be wrong i find it quite amusing to try :rotfl:
  • oliverbrown
    oliverbrown Posts: 522 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Talldave wrote: »
    I agree it would be useful for Eon to respond and fix the inconsistencies. But in reality they probably don't care and even if they did, by the time they fix it, they'll be on v21 and will have another mismatch of T's & C's. It's an inherent problem of large organisations.
    Agreed. I don't think they would have relaxed the T&C if there wasn't an issue with them in respect of insisting on smart meters being installed. The rep's suggesting that an agent would ring the customer to "discuss options" appears to be coded speak for "we'll try to get you off the package verbally without committing to anything in writing".
  • oliverbrown
    Takmon wrote: »
    I don't think you quite understand the concept of discussions.
    Any normal person would have accepted that I have my opinion on smart meters and your opinion is of no consequence to me, and moved on to another thread where your opinion is more welcome.

But no, here you are still, going on and on and on.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Any normal person would have accepted that I have my opinion on smart meters and your opinion is of no consequence to me, and moved on to another thread where your opinion is more welcome.

But no, here you are still, going on and on and on.

But i'm challenging your opinion which is probably based on false information. You haven't even said why you don't want a smart meter and i'm interested to see if you will tell me.

If i'm going "on and on and on" then you must be too because your replying to every one of my posts....
  • oliverbrown
    Takmon wrote: »
    If i'm going "on and on and on" then you must be too because your replying to every one of my posts....
    Because you don't get the message that I'm not interested in your opinion. I'll leave you alone now with your smart meter evangelism and see if an E.on staff member replies to this thread.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    abiabc wrote: »
    Hi Oliver

I totally agree with you.

But your link takes you to some very general terms and conditions, not the ones at the end of signing up to Fix Online V20. In order to see these go through the switch procedure on the E.on website past your chosen date change, contact preferences, up to where the terms and conditions for the tariff appear. Obviously don't tick that you agree or continue after this. At this point you can see a clause that says:-

I understand that by choosing this tariff, I’m happy to be contacted about smart meters and have them fitted in my home. I’m also aware that I’ll stay on this tariff if E.ON can’t install them.

This is exactly the same clause you see on the other stricter "smart" tariffs despite smart meters appearing to be optional on the tariff description earlier. This is the clause which is either a mistake or a trap - smart meters or not are no longer optional to the customer at this point - just to E.on.

I don't think Malc is trying to be evasive, I think the terms of this tariff are misleading and I don't think he realises the differences in wording at the beginning to the end.
    I think I've read the latest Fix Online T&C pretty thoroughly and I can't see anything about agreeing to have a smart meter installed: https://www.eonenergy.com/-/media/downloads/residential/tariffs/2019/q1/fix-online-revised.pdf?download=true

If I'm missing something I hope someone will correct me.
    Gold123 wrote: »
    There are numerous reasons why someone would not want a smart meter including my main reason's, incompetent engineers installing them incorrectly and causing fires, another form of data monitoring into our lives, having another engineer having to enter my property. Also, I know if I got one I would be constantly monitering how much electricity/gas I use, something I would rather not have to do. That's not to say in the future I would not accept one, just not ready for one at rhe moment.

Really would like to sign up to this tariff in the next couple of days so would be nice if the Eon representative could answer on the misleading terms and conditions when signing up.

Hello all and sorry for the late reply. We've not been on the Forums since the middle of last week.

I've reported the T&C Abi highlights to our tariff people. The T&Cs we're working with are those oliverbrown links to. These come from a PDF included within the tariff description on our website (section 11.1). They're also in the overall Terms and Conditions section. It says the following:

With this tariff you agree to be contacted during the tariff term for the installation of a smart meter. You are still eligible for this tariff if you currently have a smart meter installed or your property is currently ineligible for a smart meter.

Not sure about the other wording as I can't see it so have asked those who can.

Thanks for the heads up all.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • oliverbrown
    With this tariff you agree to be contacted during the tariff term for the installation of a smart meter. You are still eligible for this tariff if you currently have a smart meter installed or your property is currently ineligible for a smart meter.
    Hi Malc,

Thank you for confirming that the current Fix Online T&C have removed the need to agree to the installation of a smart meter. From your response it would appear that the condition which appears on-screen during the order process is a legacy message which you are working to remove, which is good news too.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Hi Malc,

Thank you for confirming that the current Fix Online T&C have removed the need to agree to the installation of a smart meter. From your response it would appear that the condition which appears on-screen during the order process is a legacy message which you are working to remove, which is good news too.

That's right oliverbrown. It is a legacy message which our tariff people were already looking at when I tried to access it the other day. Hence, I was blocked and couldn't see it.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Gold123
    Gold123 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 June 2019 at 11:23PM
    Signed up the new Fix Online Exclusive v4 on Monday based on the new softer terms of agreeing to be contacted and offered a smart meter.

Just received the Welcome to Eon email and again confusion:

Third paragraph suggests:

"Getting smart
    We'll be in touch to check your home is suitable to fit smart meters. If it is, we'll book you an appointment and once fitted, we'll leave you with an in-home display so you can take control of the energy you're using."

Which I certainly did not agree to.

But later this is contradicted in the key facts of the tariff by this:

"- We'll contact you to offer a free smart meter installation if you're eligible."

which is what I did agree to, to only be offered it.

Can the Eon representative please confirm which is correct.

Thanks in advance.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I could swear but this site would only !!!! every word. As of yesterday, I can leave my current energy provider penalty free and, for the first time in at least a couple of years, the energy market seems to be going the right way at the right time and I am hopeful of finding another tariff with whichever supplier which is at least no more expensive than my current, very competitive, one.

The stars align further in that, at last, Eon have a competitive tariff at a time I am able to take advantage of it; this has never happened to me before yet the rot already sets in: They force people to have so-called smart meters which are anything but as soon as you change suppliers.

Like other posters, I neither want nor need a "smart" meter as I am more than capable of sending meter readings every month myself without let or hindrance from some juice-guzzling, pointlessly complicated robot trying to do the job of meter.

Your loss, Eon. There are plenty of other tariffs out there and I will find a supplier who does not BS me like this. You have no legal right to compel customers to have a "smart" meter: You know it, I know it and Ofgem know it. If you want more complaints made to them on top of your already reprehensible record of misleading and bullying customers on this subject, just keep on digging.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure