Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier

Comments

• I started switching to them from OVO a few days ago but they have rejected switching my gas supply due to 'another switch currently in progress'. There is definitely no other switch in progress so I asked them for more information. They just replied saying the exact same thing with no explanation. I'm not impressed with this mistake or their communication at all.
  • Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thinking of moving to green energy via the cheap energy club. Can anyone tell me if they take DD payments in advance? Also do they take higher payments in winter months and if not at what point do they review the DD amounts if at all after you have joined them. I’m just trying to work out my budget for the next few months. Thank you

Costs are split across the year so you don't pay more in winter, like every other energy provider I've every been with. From memory I think the first payment will be on the first time you reach the day of the month you've agreed with them to have the DD go out, with no payment in advance.
  • Prilect
    Prilect Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 December 2018 at 1:37PM
    Hi, Been with GNE for 2 months & 3 DD have been taken, of course it will even out over the year but not everyone may be able to pay off the previous supplier & GNE in the same month.
    Switch has gone smoothly with no problems & gas & electric still flowing.
    Another month yet before 2nd meter reading required, so we will see what happens to DDs then.
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    Ultrasonic wrote: »
    Costs are split across the year so you don't pay more in winter, like every other energy provider I've every been with. From memory I think the first payment will be on the first time you reach the day of the month you've agreed with them to have the DD go out, with no payment in advance.

I am moving to them next week, they now take the 1st monthly payment on the day they take over the supply.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Prilect wrote: »
    Switch has gone smoothly with no problems & gas & electric still flowing.

I take it that your comment was made tongue-in-cheek. In 2016, there were only 210 supply disconnections for long-term debt. Each required a Court Order. A change of suppliers may fail, but there is zero chance of this leading to a loss of supply as suppliers actually supply nothing.
  • Green_Network_Energy
    Green_Network_Energy Posts: 28 Organisation Representative
    petc wrote: »
    I started switching to them from OVO a few days ago but they have rejected switching my gas supply due to 'another switch currently in progress'. There is definitely no other switch in progress so I asked them for more information. They just replied saying the exact same thing with no explanation. I'm not impressed with this mistake or their communication at all.

Hello petc,

We are sorry to hear about the difficulty you had in switching. Unfortunately, if your electricity or gas are in the process of switching, it will be locked for us if we were to try to subsequently take over which it sounds as though was the case here. However, this is strange as you have said that there was no other switch in progress.

Unfortunately, we are quite limited to how much detail we see in regards to this due to security so would not have been able to delve too far into what would be causing the issue and who you were supposedly switching to.

I hope you have been able to resolve this since posting but, if not, please do contact our Customer Care team who will be happy to run through the steps to re-register you.

Kind regards,
    Jon - GNE Customer Care Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Green Network Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Electric Meter problems, bills appear to be overestimated to actual usage.
    Still waiting for action, going through their care and complaints system is a long drawn out experience, with no sign of resolution.
    Will happily guesstimate usage but not accept meter readings, even when, on the odd occasions the meter display a reading.
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Considering GNE myself for Electricty as my fixed deals up in March, at the moment they are showing the cheapest but i have a smart meter (pretty sure gen1) so going to see if current provider can switch this to second Gen. or i might contact GNE nearer the time when i'm free to switch without exit fee and see if they can fit gen 2 smart meter.

Not sure about switching to GNE, seen some poor responses/cs and little communication so not too sure yet.

Kev
  • kinmel
    kinmel Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2019 at 11:10PM
    I have been with GNE for 18 months and have just completed the switch to another supplier and GNE have already agreed the final meter readings. My Credit with GNE is £418 and the final bill will be about £300

I emailed GNE asking them to suspend my Direct Debit until the final bill is ready, this is their reply......

"Unfortunately, I cannot cancel any payments that are scheduled to be collected."
    Please be advised, it can take up to 6 weeks to close your account with us and issue your final bill.

Once your final bill has been issued, any outstanding credit on your account will be refunded by direct debit."

Even though they have the ability to alter my DD at any time, GNE intend to continue collecting the Direct Debit of £118 per month until such time as they bother to process the final bill. In six weeks they could take £236, that I do not owe them, out of my bank account.

If I cancel the Direct Debit, my refund will be delayed whilst an alternative means of payment is explored !

It is an outrageous scam, be careful unless you can afford to pay 2 suppliers.
  • I initiated a switch though MSE big switch in November & I’ve heard nothing since. Can’t get through on the phone, extremely frustrating may go elsewhere.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback