Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Lucinda
    • By MSE Lucinda 25th Jan 17, 10:31 AM
    • 46Posts
    • 6Thanks
    MSE Lucinda
    0 WOW
    Phone photos accepted for online passport renewals - don't send selfies
    • 25th Jan 17, 10:31 AM
    0 WOW
    Phone photos accepted for online passport renewals - don't send selfies 25th Jan 17 at 10:31 AM
    Millions of UK travellers will no longer have to pay to print out passport pictures in photobooths, as photos taken on your phone can now be used for online renewals - but 'selfies' are not allowed....
    Read the full story:
    Photos taken on your phone accepted for online passport renewals - but don't send 'selfies'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 2
    • Aksta
    • By Aksta 5th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Aksta
    Is this service still available and if so how do you use it? I am near the end of my online application but it still says that I will have to send in my photos
    • smudge56
    • By smudge56 5th Mar 17, 7:00 PM
    • 380 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    smudge56
    Is this service still available and if so how do you use it? I am near the end of my online application but it still says that I will have to send in my photos
    Originally posted by Aksta
    It's only for straightforward adult renewals. You should be able to apply through the gov.uk website.
    https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/
    Last edited by smudge56; 05-03-2017 at 7:03 PM.
    • chocolateteddy
    • By chocolateteddy 5th Mar 17, 7:35 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 3,197 Thanks
    chocolateteddy
    I filled in all the forms online for our renewals. Little un's photo needed countersigning and the others refused to let me take their photos as they looked awful. So we had them done and they moaned even more especially the 15 year old as this will be her driving licence photo in a couple of years time.

I sent photos off with the forms on Wednesday 22nd Feb and received them all back on Monday 27th February. Really quick I was surprised. Not sure I like the sign when you receive it with a black ballpoint. I much preferred the scan of my signature but they obviously think this is more secure?!
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

Slimming World Target - Lose 60 lbs
    Journey started 14th Nov 2016
    Weight loss to date 27 lbs
    • smudge56
    • By smudge56 5th Mar 17, 7:38 PM
    • 380 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    smudge56
    It's not that it's more secure. It in preparation for completely online applications. Everything will be online in a few years time
    • vincit veritas
    • By vincit veritas 25th Mar 17, 11:38 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    vincit veritas
    pale background for passport photo
    I had my photo taken against a brilliant white wall: it comes out looking pale grey in the photo anyway.

I was very impressed with the simplicity and speed of the online passport application process: my new passport arrive 8 days after my application, and maybe would have been even faster if I had posted off my old passport on the same day, instead of a day later.
    • lvgriffin
    • By lvgriffin 22nd Jun 17, 3:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lvgriffin
    I'm trying to apply for a renewal, a few weeks ago there was the option to upload my photo. Now when I try it just gives me the option of printing the form off and sending it along with printed photos... Seems like the upload your own photo option is no more!
    • skintdragon
    • By skintdragon 13th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    • 290 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    skintdragon
    Help
    I'm having a moment... I have just completed the application online, paid the fee... but nowhere was there an option for uploading the mugshot? What happens now? I'm trying to get hold of someone but I keep getting to the call back service and it won't accept my mobile number
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
    One of Mike's Mob! yea!!!
    F
    inally settled full balance of RBS personal loan ahead of schedule on 10th August 2010

DEBT FREE AT LAST... BUT FOR HOW LONG?!
    • smudge56
    • By smudge56 13th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 380 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    smudge56
    I'm having a moment... I have just completed the application online, paid the fee... but nowhere was there an option for uploading the mugshot? What happens now? I'm trying to get hold of someone but I keep getting to the call back service and it won't accept my mobile number
    Originally posted by skintdragon
    Print off the form and sign it. Send it to your local passport office with two photos and your old passport
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,285Posts Today

7,729Users online

Martin's Twitter