EVERYTHING 5 POUNDS - warning

Comments

• Thanks everyone, I feel a bit more hopeful about getting my money back now. Still ticked off that they couldn't just send the stuff tho but hopefully I'll get my cash back soon and it'll all be good
  • OP looking at the current info on Companies House website l would start the chargeback process straight away. It appears that this company may well be in difficulty. No an expert at the full meaning of the codes they use however a quick Google seems to suggest that there is a move to strike this company off and an announcement has been placed in the Gazette.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to explain the meaning better.
  • Due to website maintenance, orders may be delayed. Please allow additional 3 working days for delivery.

This is what it says.........

It's actually been saying that for a couple of weeks now :)
  • mumlady1
    mumlady1 Posts: 264 Forumite
    Eek! Thanks paulofessex I'll get onto that today. i really appreciate the heads p
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    OP looking at the current info on Companies House website l would start the chargeback process straight away. It appears that this company may well be in difficulty. No an expert at the full meaning of the codes they use however a quick Google seems to suggest that there is a move to strike this company off and an announcement has been placed in the Gazette.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to explain the meaning better.

What company name are you using to find out this info, Fiver London UK?
    :beer:
  • Update for everyone who was kind enough to reply with helpful advice. Following another ignored email and a phone call which just rang out, I contacted my credit card company and spoke to a very helpful lady who has set the wheels in motion to get my cash back. Phew! :)

Lesson learned, fingers burnt and will go back to being cautious when Internet bargain hunting!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 February 2013 at 11:54PM
    Kingsd316 wrote: »
    What company name are you using to find out this info, Fiver London UK?

From googling I discovered the directors name that lead me to discover fiver London uk have the same company registration number as the other company. There is a google reference to them having a motion to be struck off in the gazette but it was shortly after removed, they possibly look to be in trouble.
    Everything5pounds have the company number on the website somewhere (from google), or did but they miss the first 0 off.
    I find it strange that fiver London limited is listed on companies house as having no other names, yet clearly they share their company registration number with fiver London.
    I think I have read somewhere that everything5pounds do not have premesis in the uk, is this significant?
    Director Cenk Dumlupinar
  • Their postal address is:

[FONT=&quot]Unit 4-5-6 Brent Trading Centre , Great Central Way, 390 North Circular Road, London, NW10 0JF[/FONT]
  • What has happened now - have you progressed any further?
    I use everything5pounds all the time since I discovered it last year - I'm hooked and recommend it to everyone, all the time! I love the stuff on there, it's great quality and I swear I've got shoes on there that are the same brand and design as ones in new look, and a top I recently got had a river island label in it. I have always found returning goods easy and they refund postage costs too. I placed an order on April 6 and so far have had 3 emails keeping me updated with where my order's at - apparently it has been posted today. I always pay with paypal or credit card, but I do this for all online shopping because of the extra protection it gives.
    The company's house stuff is worrying as is the fact several people seem to be having problems. Throughout feb and march deliveries were a lot slower - and the "site maintenance" messages - but they did come in the end. I have a phone number and email address on my paypal receipt if you still haven't managed to contact them? Please let me know where this has got to so far! And sorry your experience hasn't been similar to mine :-(
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2013 at 10:15AM
    Two posts, both positive reviews for similarly-named companies. Anyone else believe them? ;)

Edit: by which I mean both of LadyJade's posts, NOT the above 2 posts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback