Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 3:14 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Edf energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 3:14 PM
    Edf energy reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 3:14 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Edf Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly??
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 12-09-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Page 14
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 26th Jun 19, 4:21 PM
    • 39,697 Posts
    • 23,703 Thanks
    Quentin

Maybe someone else on these forums has the Ts&Cs for your tariff who can help you out.
    Originally posted by Consumerist
    https://www.edfenergy.com/sites/default/files/r1223r883.pdf

Does include the agreement to have a smart meter installed
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 26th Jun 19, 4:47 PM
    • 5,226 Posts
    • 2,610 Thanks
    Consumerist
    https://www.edfenergy.com/sites/default/files/r1223r883.pdf
    Does include the agreement to have a smart meter installed
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Thanks Quentin.

The only other option for the OP might be to see if the requirement was included in the tariff's Key Facts document. If not, the ombudsman might take the view that the requirement was "buried" in the Ts&Cs.
    Last edited by Consumerist; 26-06-2019 at 4:49 PM.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 26th Jun 19, 4:56 PM
    • 2,741 Posts
    • 3,708 Thanks
    Robisere
    Been with EDF for >8 years now. The few problems I have had in that time, have been dealt with efficiently and courteously. I cannot understand anyone having trouble with their CS: I use the online Chatline and usually converse with someone whose name is obviously 'not from around here'. I have never had trouble in any of the many convo's I have had.

My last tariff choice was fairly recent: online & paperless only, Elec & gas, Blue+Price Freeze, May 21 v2, which takes me to May 2021 and gave me a £10 monthly reduction. I will probably get the usual "heads up" from EDF well before that ends, in order to choose another tariff.

I don't have, don't want a smart meter, EDF acknowledge my choice. I send a meter reading online every month and I get regular updates. My whole EDF customer experience has been good, why should I switch?
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
    • jmatt81
    • By jmatt81 27th Jun 19, 10:22 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    jmatt81
    Switched to EDF in January and have been paying £54pm. A bill was produced at the end of April showing I was in debit by £98 and they had transposed my day and night reads. This was fixed two weeks ago and I am now £63 in credit.

They advised my direct debit will go up to £201pm from 1 August to ensure my account balance is zero come November. I filled in their online form saying this was too high and there is no way I would use £800 of electricity in 4 months. They said the £201 would remain unchanged.

I am now switching to Bulb (zero exit fee) who will repay the EDF exit fee (£35) as a credit to my account. I will then switch away to a company with good rates who doesn't quadruple payment requests.
    • kes 65
    • By kes 65 27th Jun 19, 12:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kes 65
    Mandatory smart meters with Easy Online Tarriff
    M.S.E is the only comparison site that fails to state all the important T&c's.
    Even their sister site [moneysupermarket] states you have to agree to a smart meter AND you will not have access to their phone lines [live chat ONLY].
    This is why I left after 6 years.
    I emailed M.S.E. to ask why they don't state this.They said smart meters are NOT mandatory with Easy Online Tarriff's .But they ARE because I called EDF and asked them !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,831Posts Today

7,912Users online

Martin's Twitter