Beware - People's Postcode Lottery!

Options

Comments

• maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just won some money on the Postcode Lottery (second win in the last 18 months)...but I've spent more money on tickets than I've won in total...
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Winche
    Winche Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    The reason they record your voice for security may be because was your postcode to win shortly after you cancelled you could deny that you had ever cancelled with them. Should allegations that they are refusing to pay out on a win for this reason go to press their reputation would be ruined after all. (I'm just guessing here though)
  • MEMNOCH
    Options
    How long have you worked for the Post Code Lottery ?
    Interesting isn't it? The only two people singing the praises of a scam in the UK are clearly NOT from the UK since they repeatedly use the word "mom". I believe they speak American "English" in the far east? Must be just a coincidence. :whistle:
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MEMNOCH wrote: »
    Interesting isn't it? The only two people singing the praises of a scam in the UK are clearly NOT from the UK since they repeatedly use the word "mom". I believe they speak American "English" in the far east? Must be just a coincidence. :whistle:

I live in West Midlands UK and since living here I have discovered that the majority of people round here use the mom spelling instead of the mum spelling.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 July 2015 at 10:53AM
    Options
    MEMNOCH wrote: »
    tattycath wrote: »
    I live in West Midlands UK and since living here I have discovered that the majority of people round here use the mom spelling instead of the mum spelling.

Indeed, http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/blog/2006/04/mum-and-mom.html

and the two posters I think you are on about, 1 states that in their profile they live in Birmingham and the others mom lives in the postcode area B36, which is Birmingham/Solihull. So nothing suspicious there. ;)
  • whenwillIbelucky
    Options
    Hi all,

There are some interesting posts on here.
    I have just joined the postcode lottery and will keep an open mind for now, aa I know there has been a big win recently not far from me. In the same CA postcode pretty much. (And no, I don't work for any lottery 😉)
    I can understand why people are wary and quite rightly so, but would the people screaming SCAM be doing so if they had won big?? I think not!

Like anything in life....crossing a road for instance, its a gamble!! You gotta be in it to win it and the way that I look at it, there has to be fewer people playing this lottery, so a greater chance of your postcode being selected? I mean, its not like you can go into your local newsagents and ask for a ticket for Saturdays postcode lottery is it!?? This is bound to put people off.

I played the National Lottery for over 2 years and won £25 twice. Thats it!!
    And that was playing Weds and Sat every week. £16 per month, so technically I lost a lot of money.

I think it is only fair to give this lottery the same chance and see how it goes.
    Paying via DD, so hope that winnings will be paid out quickly enough 😄 (I just have to win now!)
    Gonna take a chance and hope for a win.

And if the powers that be can perhaps provide me with the winning ticket, then I would be eternally grateful. 25k would be nice for a deposit on a house!!
    I understand I need to wait my turn..........but thanks in advance. 😜

Good luck to everyone playing.
  • whenwillIbelucky
    Options
    Apologies for the inputted symbols.....seems some emoticons don't work!
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you sign up just to tell everyone you play a particular lottery?

Credibility: less than zero.
  • whenwillIbelucky
    Options
    Who made you expert then robat
  • whenwillIbelucky
    Options
    Actually i joined for the competition forums, not that its any of your beeswax ��
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback