Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrochester
    • By mrochester 11th Jun 19, 5:52 AM
    • 1,308Posts
    • 232Thanks
    mrochester
    Economy energy final bill
    • 11th Jun 19, 5:52 AM
    Economy energy final bill 11th Jun 19 at 5:52 AM
    Hi

Has anyone had their final bill from economy energy yet?

Many thanks.
Page 1
    • Mr.Everready
    • By Mr.Everready 11th Jun 19, 9:05 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Mr.Everready
    • 11th Jun 19, 9:05 AM
    • 11th Jun 19, 9:05 AM
    No, nor had one from OVO because I moved from them too.

• Billyab
    • By Billyab 12th Jun 19, 4:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Billyab
    • 12th Jun 19, 4:18 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 4:18 PM
    Hi ,just got an email today from economy energy saying I must pay them over 1600 within 10 days or It will be passed to debt collection. Total bomb shell , I always gave them my readings every month and even phoned to make sure I was paying enough which they said I was I am in total shock.. they advised I must pay and have no rights now because they are in administration and there is no one to complain to..
    ☹️
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 12th Jun 19, 4:26 PM
    • 4,488 Posts
    • 2,879 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 12th Jun 19, 4:26 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 4:26 PM
    Billyab

Have a look at your last bill - what is the bottom line showing a debit ? Are the meter readings showing E ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • Mr.Everready
    • By Mr.Everready 12th Jun 19, 4:51 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Mr.Everready
    • 12th Jun 19, 4:51 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 4:51 PM
    Billyab

Have a look at your last bill - what is the bottom line showing a debit ? Are the meter readings showing E ?
    Originally posted by Robin9

Everyones last bill was a total fabrication.

Did you have an online account ? That is still active.

I contacted OVO asking whats happening.

I sincerely apologise for the lack of contact regarding this issue.

I have spoken to the Agreed Reads team who are dealing with your case and they have informed me that they are waiting for Economy Energy's administrators to provide us with the opening meter reading for your account.

We are actively chasing this information from the administrators every 10 working days, so hopefully it will be sent to us very soon.

Until we receive this, we are unable to bill you for your time spent on supply with OVO. This is because we need to ensure that your bill is absolutely accurate and correct. As soon as they send us the opening meter readings, we will assess their accuracy and bill you accordingly.

I appreciate the situation has been lengthy and most probably frustrating for you, and for this I apologise.

The Agreed Reads team will be in touch with you directly as soon as there is an update for you.

• Mr.Everready
    • By Mr.Everready 12th Jun 19, 4:52 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Mr.Everready
    • 12th Jun 19, 4:52 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 4:52 PM
    Hi ,just got an email today from economy energy saying I must pay them over 1600 within 10 days or It will be passed to debt collection. Total bomb shell , I always gave them my readings every month and even phoned to make sure I was paying enough which they said I was I am in total shock.. they advised I must pay and have no rights now because they are in administration and there is no one to complain to..
    ☹️
    Originally posted by Billyab

If it's incorrect readings then of course you can complain.

• Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • By Flt. Lt. Biggles 12th Jun 19, 5:09 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • 12th Jun 19, 5:09 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 5:09 PM
    Hi

Many thanks.
    Originally posted by mrochester
    No, nor had one from OVO because I moved from them too.

Originally posted by Mr.Everready
    Everyones last bill was a total fabrication.
    Originally posted by Mr.Everready

I'm struggling how you can make the latest statement when yesterday you made the other statement.

Also struggling to understand how you can be in a disputed meter reading dispute, unless you have a bill to dispute the reads from.
    Last edited by Flt. Lt. Biggles; 12-06-2019 at 5:13 PM.
    • Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • By Flt. Lt. Biggles 12th Jun 19, 5:15 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • 12th Jun 19, 5:15 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 5:15 PM
    Hi

Many thanks.
    Originally posted by mrochester
    I think the answer is yes, some have, but perhaps not everyone yet. Economy Energy internal accounts were left in a bit of a nightmare state, according to some reports.
    • teamgb
    • By teamgb 12th Jun 19, 11:07 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    teamgb
    • 12th Jun 19, 11:07 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 11:07 PM
    Still no final bill from Economy Energy.

Ovo have used a fabricated start reading for electric which they claim was agreed with EE. They tried to fob me off but in the end they gave me a credit to cover the extra cost.

I have worked out that EE owe me money. I have moved from Ovo and I owe them money which will not be paid until I get a the final bill from EE.
    • Sterlingtimes
    • By Sterlingtimes 13th Jun 19, 7:31 AM
    • 1,668 Posts
    • 3,970 Thanks
    Sterlingtimes
    The Economy Energy administrators uploaded a "pro forma invoice" indicating a credit to the EE portal. This is absolutely correct to the penny.

Ovo, on the other hand, contrived a statement using estimated readings to increase the Ovo bill and claimed that these had been agreed with EE.

Eventually, Ovo must apply the credit and use the correct readings otherwise I would be paying some fuel twice.
    Solar installed 21 November 2014 > Centre of England > 3,780 Wp > 14 *270 Watt Trina panels > 14 * Enphase micro-inverters > managed by Enlighten Envoy Hub > 19 west of south > 35 pitch > tree shading to east > iBoost > Wattson Anywhere monitoring > Schneider Electric (Drayton) MiGenie smart thermostat.
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 13th Jun 19, 10:24 AM
    • 738 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    Boohoo
    The Economy Energy administrators uploaded a "pro forma invoice" indicating a credit to the EE portal. This is absolutely correct to the penny.

Ovo, on the other hand, contrived a statement using estimated readings to increase the Ovo bill and claimed that these had been agreed with EE.

Eventually, Ovo must apply the credit and use the correct readings otherwise I would be paying some fuel twice.
    Originally posted by Sterlingtimes

After looking at the EE threads on MSE in the past 2 days i decided to look at my account and the page after login was a bit about the administrators and then it told me what i owe them which was 13 odd.

I left Last July with a credit balance and after lots of emails, calls and threats of court action 1 week before they went belly up i got the money back by DD indemnity as the still took the DD's after i left.

I got a call from OVO in March to keep me upto date and that was all i heard.

The money i owe them is spot on and today i paid them by credit card and i hope this is the end now.
    • Mr.Everready
    • By Mr.Everready 13th Jun 19, 10:49 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Mr.Everready

I'm struggling how you can make the latest statement when yesterday you made the other statement.

Also struggling to understand how you can be in a disputed meter reading dispute, unless you have a bill to dispute the reads from.
    Originally posted by Flt. Lt. Biggles

LAST bill is not the FINAL bill.

EE fabricated readings at the end of December and sent them out, this turned out to be my LAST bill from them.

I am still awaiting my FINAL bill from EE, this will (hopefully) show the correct meter readings when they went bust. These reading will then (hopefully again) be used by OVO as my start readings.

• jasper54
    • By jasper54 15th Jun 19, 12:10 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jasper54
    I left economy energy in December with 511 owning had to phone ovo a number of times to get money back I went on to ee account and seen I had credit on final bill ovo said send copy of bills by email they said when they were ready to pay money owed they would email 3 days before they were paying money into bank account they never emailed when if was finally payed it took about 4 moths to get money back
    • Londoner_1
    • By Londoner_1 17th Jun 19, 9:02 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Londoner_1
    My final bill came in a few weeks ago and it was in credit by about 80, this was passed onto OVO who reduced their inflated bill to about 70 for gas and elec for about 6 weeks worth so i'm sorted.
    • ianto11
    • By ianto11 26th Jun 19, 4:11 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    ianto11
    Hi,

I left EE in October 2018, received notification of final bill 3 weeks ago. Account's in credit 220, contacted OVO last week and been informed the cheque is now in the post, result......
    • Dr Crypto
    • By Dr Crypto 26th Jun 19, 6:04 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Dr Crypto
    I left EE in October 2018 and had my final bill about 3 weeks ago. After a couple of chasing emails I received my refund of 300ish credit balance last week, by bank transfer.

A slow process but I think with a little chasing Ovo will process the refund.

I'm going to be cautious about using these small suppliers in future, and will avoid building up any notable credit balance.
    • Babsei
    • By Babsei 27th Jun 19, 12:32 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Babsei
    Received today. Just before EE went bust I got an email to say my tariff was changing 6 MONTHS PREVIOUS. They cancelled all my bills (which were correct) from August 18 and issued a bill with different (higher) tariffs. They also didn’t use my meter reading but used a much higher one! Hence I was left with a high debit balance. I have calculated that they owe me a few pounds. I tried to explain to the administrator but she said that the debt remains payable. What can I do? Tried Ofgem, they can’t help as it is a ‘debt’. Tried insolvency advice line and they say to make a complaint against the administrators. Anyone had anything similar?
    • Mr.Everready
    • By Mr.Everready 27th Jun 19, 7:46 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Mr.Everready
    I received my "final" bill from OVO yesterday, I left at the end of March. They said I would not receive the bill until the had the final reading from EE, needless to say...it does not include the correct readings nor the 500 credit I had accumulated with EE !

• teamgb
    • By teamgb 29th Jun 19, 1:34 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    teamgb
    Got a statement from EE dated 28/06/2019 today, it looks correct.

It does not say Final Invoice, it says Proforma Invoice this is not a VAT invoice.

I did send an email last week to chase them.

I am in credit with EE and owe more money to OVO which I will not pay until they show the credit from EE.
    Last edited by teamgb; 29-06-2019 at 1:39 PM. Reason: more info
    • mrochester
    • By mrochester 29th Jun 19, 1:45 PM
    • 1,308 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    mrochester
    Got a statement from EE dated 28/06/2019 today, it looks correct.

It does not say Final Invoice, it says Proforma Invoice this is not a VAT invoice.

I did send an email last week to chase them.

I am in credit with EE and owe more money to OVO which I will not pay until they show the credit from EE.
    Originally posted by teamgb
    Finally got mine today too. Gas in debit by 90 but electricity in credit by 193. How do I claim the credit from Ovo?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,039Posts Today

7,620Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter Poll: Being honest, do you take into account the environment impact when you choose to book a flight?

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Do you need to show your boarding pass at the airport? And how to make 'em pay you for doing it... https://t.co/g5biFxotXF

• Follow Martin