Sunny loans

Ajmarsh
Ajmarsh Posts: 5 Forumite
Hi,

If I was to apply for a loan from sunny, do they send letters at all? It is important I don’t receive letters as my household isn’t awfully safe. Or do they send letters if you miss a payment ( which won’t be happening ) I just need to know about welcome letters or things lol that

I have no issue paying back things so please don’t comment that. I just need to know about letters! Thankyou!

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    At 1281% interest I hope so !
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is there no other avenue than resorting to Sunny Loans.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Is there no other avenue than resorting to Sunny Loans.

Course there isn't...anyway he won't be missing any payments, he said so!
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ajmarsh wrote: »
    It is important I don’t receive letters as my household isn’t awfully safe. !

This sounds worrying - is it a partner you are scared of ??
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    foxy-stoat wrote: »
    Course there isn't...anyway he won't be missing any payments, he said so!

Can he predict the future, don't think so.
  • Ajmarsh
    There isn’t a need to be rude.
    An unforeseen event came up recently, I have my hours clocked and I know how much I’ll be paid by the end of the month. That is when it’ll all be paid off, I’m not irresponsible.
  • Ajmarsh
    Sort of, I find it more embarrassing and I would rather skip the whole chat about it. Which is why getting an answer about the letters is important.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Why not 'phone Sunny and ask them? You could advise them that your letterbox is not secure and ask them to email you or send you a secure web-message where possible. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 May 2019 at 3:49PM
    You will get letters, you will get letters if you miss payments. More importantly if you've a partner they're going to notice the missing money every month. Remember at the interest rates Sunny charge for every £1000 you borrow over 6 months you repay £1910. The amount you pay in just six months is almost double what you borrow. If you're already broke this will just make things much, much worse.

As for being irresponsible, you have been for months, if not years. An unforseen circumstance which can be met with a short term loan over a month repaid at the next payday should easily be within the ability of anyone in employment to pay without resorting to a loan. All that money you've blown on pointless stuff over the last 6-12 months or more whilst not having an emergency fund would have more than covered this. Even just saving the few quid a day you may spend on a coffee or a sandwich or a McDonalds would, if you'd saved it instead for a year, have provided you with an emergency fund sufficiently large enough to meet this bill. The reasons you have an emergency fund is so you don't have to go to companies like this.

So yes I'm afraid you have been irresponsible.
  • Ajmarsh
    I have a partner yes, but not one that peers over my bank account like a hawk. I’m only here for answers to my question, not judgment or criticism.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure