Amazon Prime Member Fee? Charged £48...

1575859606163»

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Pete_etep wrote: »
    Wow... what a can of worms. Considering there's 31 pages of this, I don't think this many people can be daft.
    I've just had this issue with amazon prime charging me £49.

Clearly that many people can be so daft and probably shouldn't have access to the internet or debit/credit cards.

They started charging £79 many months ago so at £49 you had quite a discount on the usual price.
  • I lost my kindle and had to buy a new one , like an idiot I didn't tick the box and was charged £79 , I cancelled and have got a refund of £49.

This is where it gets hard , because my debit card has changed from the one on there when prime was purchased they told me to go to my bank and get them to direct the refund to another card at the same bank i.e. a credit card they say they are unable to refund it to my new debit card on my Amazon account.

The bank wouldn't do that and now I have this reply from a lovely chap called Rahul telling me this is what I have to do now :

Here is the latest customer services reply :

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your bank wasn't able to transfer the amount.

In this case, please ask them to provide you with an official headed letter confirming that the account is related to the payment card used to pay for the order and that no refund has been received to your account on this date. Please note that in order for us to process the refund by any other means, the letter must include the refund reference number provided above.

You can submit the bank headed letter via e-mail, in PDF format, to the address below:

charge-enquiries@amazon.co.uk

Alternatively, you can send it to:

Charge Enquiries Department,
    Amazon Customer Services
    Waverley Gate
    2-4 Waterloo Place
    Edinburgh, Midlothian EH1 3EG
    United Kingdom

Once the letter is received, we can reimburse you by Bank Transfer or Gift Certificate. We're unable to refund another payment card or issue a cheque.

The processing time for a Bank Transfer refund is approximately two weeks. The processing time for a Gift Certificate refund is 24-48 hours. Please indicate your preference in your response; however, in the interest of account security, please don't provide your full bank account details via e-mail. If you select a Bank Transfer, we'll give instructions on how to proceed once the investigation is complete.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,
    Rahul R.

WHEN ARE THESE PIRATES GOING TO BE STOPPED ??????
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    So whats the issue?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2015 at 1:13PM
    Who are the mods who reply?
    Good to see your input so far adds so little :beer:
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 22 March 2015 at 1:15PM
    You've quoted my post and then go on to talk denigratingly about MSE mods. You also refer to MSE mods in your other posts.

I think you need to understand exactly who forum moderators are and what they do.

Here is a clue:
    I am not a moderator.

What I am, however, is a poster who believes that posters who blame other people or organisations for their own errors should be told the truth.

And you've chosen to quote a post of mine dating back to 11th June 2009 - almost 6 years ago and on page 7 of a 32 page thread.

Really?

Maybe you should consider acquainting yourself with online forum language before you 'go off on one'.

I think you really need to read the post you refer to again (#623).
    It does nor ask for help.
    it does not ask for advice.

The only question in that post was:
    WHEN ARE THESE PIRATES GOING TO BE STOPPED ??????
    As I don't believe that Amazon are pirates, and I don't understand what fluffyninja wants 'stopped' I did not reply to that post.

Please do re-read fluffyninja's post.
    it has no relevance to people being 'unknowingly' charged for Amazon Prime.
    It's an issue with the card she originally paid with that Amazon wanted to use to refund her.

You may also notice that fluffyninja refers to herself as an idiot for not ticking the box.

At least she's honest about where the blame lies.
  • I have just been charged £79 for Amazon Prime. After reading various forums and comments from people suggesting we should be more careful about what we sign up to, I thought I'd better check my account. Guess what - I am not a member of Amazon Prime according to my account - so how does that work then.....
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 15 February 2016 at 9:17AM
    GlenStreet wrote: »
    I have just been charged £79 for Amazon Prime. After reading various forums and comments from people suggesting we should be more careful about what we sign up to, I thought I'd better check my account. Guess what - I am not a member of Amazon Prime according to my account - so how does that work then.....
    Have you contacted Amazon to ask them how that works?

Have you had a refund?
    In my experience (and from reading other posts on here) they are pretty good about refunding the Prime fee - even when the customer is at fault.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure