Royal Mail Collection Times - Where to find them?

13»

Comments

• Listen guys! I've just posted two letters into the letter-box at Mount Pleasant Post Office this August Bank Holiday Saturday afternoon. A Royal Mail employee there told me "ignore the 12:30 timing on the letter-box and post your letters anyway because", he said, "the next (unofficial?) collection will be at about 6 o'clock this evening".

So, as I've nothing to lose, I'm hoping this trade secret is true!:)
  • www. chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mwaller/lastcoll/RMdata.html

the forum wouldn't let me paste the link so copy the text above into your browser and remove the space after 'www. ' to make it work
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    www. chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mwaller/lastcoll/RMdata.html

the forum wouldn't let me paste the link so copy the text above into your browser and remove the space after 'www. ' to make it work

and that is for what exactly
  • Money_User
    Money_User Posts: 286 Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    and that is for what exactly

It's for the 1 post wonder who posted Aug 2010 who will never come back to read the reply of the new poster today!
  • Do RM only collect from post boxes once a day now? The information on the boxes themselves and any information I've found online only lists the last collection time.:huh:
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Do RM only collect from post boxes once a day now? The information on the boxes themselves and any information I've found online only lists the last collection time.:huh:

I pretty sure the boxes round here are twice a day
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 February 2012 at 4:12PM
    Do RM only collect from post boxes once a day now? The information on the boxes themselves and any information I've found online only lists the last collection time.:huh:

It will vary - there will normally be a collection (or even collections) earlier in the day as well at a time that depends on the delivery schedule. As those are not fixed they won't be advertised and may not take place at all.

My local box is emptied at 5pm (I think) but the guy who does the special deliveries/parcels will empty it as he is passing in the morning.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    simgranny wrote: »
    Don't know if this helps at all but according to a box near me, there is a 7.30pm collection from the mail office in Twelvetrees crescent, Bromley-by-Bow.
    Still is - I sometimes work on the same industrial estate and have used that one last month.

Back in ye olden days (early 90s) I lived in Central Preston where there was a 9.15pm collection from the sorting office and I once got a phone call from a friend, promised to send them something, posted it 1st Class that evening and they got it next morning to their astonishment!
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure