smartphone storage card

Options
Hello, I am running out of storage space in my nokia 2.2 (android pie) smartphone. I am unfamiliar with the terminology for required card. Could someone inform me what is the name/ type of card I need to purchase to increase storage. I am with o2 if that matters. Regards

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Class 10 micro SD card of up to 400GB in size - that said 32 or 64 is adequate for the majority of people. Buy from a trusted source, not Ebay as they are often fakes. Buying on the high street will cost you dear. One good supplier I like to use but many others are available https://www.7dayshop.com/micro-sd/filter/class-10
  • dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You will only be able to store certain media on sdcard. Have you cleared the cache in storage settings and moved photos/videos to backup media?
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Molerat.. thanks for the info. I was about to use eBay but will take heed all your advice. Regards
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dipsomaniac, thanks for that info, I will investigate further before purchase. Regards
  • SteveJW
    SteveJW Posts: 712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lots of software to move apps to SD Card in order to free up space
    I use AppMgr III, works for me. Shows which apps are moveable
    No doubt someone will come on with several reasons not to move apps to an SD Card
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure