How to download music to my phone

Hi folks,I'm behing the times,I have an android phone and would like to know how I could download and play music songs/albums on to it so I can buy headphones and listen while I do my evening walk for a bit of exercise.
I would like to do this for free if possible as I'm a carer and haven't got much money,I haven't got a clue what I would need to download or how,many thanks

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Normally you find the music you want from CD or wherever.
    Then you just plug the phone into the computer by USB cable (you may have to change the connection type or settings on the phone to get the computer to see it) and drag the music to it (or maybe specific folders depending on the phone and/or the app you want to use)

Then you fire up your media player of choice and you enjoy.
  • Thanks,I have come to this so late in life haha
  • Emmaaar22
    Emmaaar22 Posts: 731 Forumite
    Have you considered Spotify? It`s a far more easier way to listen to your music without any downloading from a PC to your phone and going through all of them steps. All you have to do is download the app and you`re good to go, Finding music is as easy as searching for something on Google.

It costs £9.99 each month (You can actually not pay a subscription but it`s with ads) and have all your music all in one easy place to get too.
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Free Spotify will use your mobile data when you are out walking.

pay £9.99 and you can download over wifi in the app as many as you like and not use mobile data
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    edited 20 October 2019 at 4:12PM
    If you have amazon prime then music is free. Just download amazon music app
  • dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Am I missing something? Amazon prime isn't free. The op clearly stated they wanted a free service
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Am I missing something? Amazon prime isn't free. The op clearly stated they wanted a free service

Maybe read again what another casualty put and it will be clear.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In google 'tools' there is an fm radio that plays as a radio, no wifi needed

All the radio stations are there
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 October 2019 at 6:58PM
    Maybe read again what another casualty put and it will be clear.

Nope I must be thick. If op hasn't got prime they have to pay for it or I have I had too many Guinness??? Can you have music without a prime subscription?
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • Just Google "youtube converter".
    Then find a track on youtube and paste the web address of that track into the converter. It will then turn the track into an MP3 and you can download it.
    Simply then drag to your mobile with a USB cable.
    Totally free.
    Obviously you should not download any music that is copywrite...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure