Prime offer

Amazon prime are offering existing pay monthly or new prime members for £59 a year, thats a £20 saving on usual price or a saving of £37 if you currently pay £7.99 a monthly
Offer ends 16th July.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,287
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Was waiting for this , dropped sky cinema and signed up for Netflix and now Amazon prime . Still paying less than before
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ShaneUK
    ShaneUK Posts: 1,094
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Very tempted!

What are the advantages? And with Amazon Music, is it a package that is compatible with Amazon Alexa (I believe some Amazon Music deals aren't!)?

Is there plenty of choice on Amazon video? I looked earlier, and some had a prime marker, and some didn't. Do I take it that anything without a Prime marker would be an additional cost (for example, TV Series of Death in Paradise).
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I personally don't find Amazon video selection of shows/movies any good but down to personal preference, I think.
    ally.
  • FlickyFoot
    FlickyFoot Posts: 35
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Don't forget about Prime Reading too. If you enjoy reading there are lots of books and magazines to read.
  • I find prime video pretty good lots of free movies/tv series and exclusive content. plus some others from as little as 99p, add in the free delivery on many things and you soon get your money back.
  • fiestaman87
    fiestaman87 Posts: 81
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi All,

Just a tip for renewing Amazon Prime:
    (it worked for me anyway!)

My Amazon Prime subscription expired on 2nd July 2019 so I decided not to auto renew at £79.

I bided my time and today I checked Amazon and, lo and behold, I was offered Prime for £59.

So I renewed for £20 less. :money:

Has anyone else had this?

(by the way I do generally get my money's worth out of Prime).
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,683
    Forumite
    edited 13 July 2019 at 3:46PM
    Prime is currently on offer at £59 so I am afraid you are not special :p

Although it does state
    Available to new customers and those switching from monthly to annual plans only.
  • fiestaman87
    fiestaman87 Posts: 81
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    molerat wrote: »
    Prime is currently on offer at £59 so I am afraid you are not special :p

"Available to new customers and those switching from monthly to annual plans only."

That's interesting because I've never been a pay monthly Amazon Prime customer.

Perhaps I'm a 'new' one though after less than 2 weeks.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,731
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    My prime run out earlier this month, pay yearly, and I did get the £59 offer too. Still not taking it though.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,287
    Ambassador
    Just realised I can share the account with one other person and 2 children for free so they also get prime delivery
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure