Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2009

1553554555556557559»

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Depends on your level of fitness and amount of luggage I suppose-and the time of year -certain months it's be a resounding No due to the heat .
    MGM and NYC NYC are close enough for most to do it with ease.(Unless you pack like Stomeman ;) )
    MB to Luxor I'd probably go mad and splurge $7-10 on a cab -can't see it would be more than that.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The Bellagio Fountains
    try the Fox5 news site

my purchases today have 8.1% tax added

You are quite correct and I forgot you were still out there at the moment and getting up to the minute news.

I have had another reply on the forum I posted in correcting the information.

Thank goodness the rise is minimal as we should hardly notice an extra 0.35%.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The Bellagio Fountains
    Hey Guys :)

Can anyone tell me how easy it would be to travel on foot (with luggage) from Luxor(2 nights) -> MGM (1 night)-> New york(4 nights).

Many Thanks!

I certainly wouldn't attempt it with luggage. When we were there in May it took 20 mins to walk from the Luxor to the front of the MGM and another 15 mins from there to our room and that was without going all the way to the back of the hotel to the check in area.

These hotels look close together, but close is very relative in Vegas and hotels are much further apart than they look, especially on a map.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    The Bellagio Fountains
    Hey Guys :)

Can anyone tell me how easy it would be to travel on foot (with luggage) from Luxor(2 nights) -> MGM (1 night)-> New york(4 nights).

Many Thanks!

I think we would do it if we didn't have a rental car...Luxor to Excalibur by tram...then over the bridge to NYNY, over the bridge to MGM...then for the second move over the bridge from MGM to NYNY. I do agree it depends on how much luggage you would have...if you're talking 2 roller cases plus normal carry on for 2 people (assuming there are 2 of you!) I don't think it would be that much hassle.

OK, I suppose I haven't thought about the walking within the hotels themselves...from your room to the tram and to the check-in desks once inside the hotels.

I do agree that a taxi from Luxor to MGM would be pretty cheap and probably worth paying to save the hassle...but I'd think walking would be possible and you'd could do it so you would be inside most of the time.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    The Bellagio Fountains
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    But surely they can do the US version of franking for them? At least I know they can at Bally's and Caesars - sure we've done it at Excalibur before too.

Maybe... but it wasn't offered.
    We asked if they sold international postage stamps for sending postcards, they said they used to but not any more, we asked if they knew of anywhere else we could get them, they said no. :confused:
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • merlinormartin
    merlinormartin Posts: 1,578 Forumite
    Many thanks for your help guys! .. We visit vegas end of Aug/Sept so i guess it would be rather hot. I might miss out NewYork and just do MGM(3 nights) -> Luxor(4 nights) ... we're happy to stay anywhere along the stip, but we must stay at the MGM on Friday 4th due to a family wedding. decisions decisions ,lol .. Too many hotels/deals to choose from :( ...
    "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering"
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Bellagio Fountains
    duchy wrote: »
    Depends on your level of fitness and amount of luggage I suppose-and the time of year -certain months it's be a resounding No due to the heat .
    MGM and NYC NYC are close enough for most to do it with ease.(Unless you pack like Stomeman ;) )
    Not a problem. why do you think I have to go on a fitness course before going.
    luggage.jpg
    As an aside, we ae heading off to the Algarve this Sunday for 5 days and taking hand luggage only. you should have seen Tracy's face when I told her that!! Still keeps mumbling under her breath:rotfl:
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 July 2009 at 3:30PM
    The Bellagio Fountains
    Attention !!!

We are moving due to technical problems with threads over 5000 posts

here is the link to the 2nd part of the 2009 las vegas thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=22979371&posted=1#post22979371

PART 1 will be closed very soon , please bookmark Part 2 . everything else will be the same .

Also easier to restart the poll i created yesterday , so please don't forget to vote again !!!

many thanks

Trets
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Many thanks to trets77 for starting the new thread. :beer:

Link to new thread here.
    :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills