IVA Completed

Today 13/02/2019 my IVA has dropped off my credit report yippee .

However when I have looked at my credit score this morning , the score is still showing "very poor "
My question is will my score only reflect the IVA dropping off next month ? so March ?
Does the score on Experian not update daily ??

I obtained a credit card some while back just to repair my file which I have in good standing order , so there is credit on my file .( my IVA was 5 years running I have been waiting for the 6th year for it to come off my file .

The main reason I am asking is we would like to move home at some point this year but with my score as it is today "very poor & very unlikely to obtain credit "
I doubt we would be able to remorgage either ? HELP !

Comments

• memberme
    memberme Posts: 213 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi,
    congratulations. I remember that time well.
    It takes a couple of months for everything to catch up, but then I found the report improved substantially. I know the 'score number itself' is not the important thing, but it is nice to see it change.

I got a mortgage with a top provider a year after the 6 year credit ref clear time, through a broker.
    So give it a little while and all will be well

regards
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Speak to your existing lender, they may be able to offer you something seeing as you have been with them for a while, I would assume.

Pay no attention to your score - its history that counts. At the moment your history shows an IVA and a load of defaults and 1 credit card.

You need to make sure that all defaults are before the IVA started and wait for a couple of months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure