PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old style as an escape from the world?

Options

Comments

• CurlyTop
    CurlyTop Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Madam

I find homebargain good on price for 1kg of Westlab Epsom Salts at £2.49, which is half the price of Amazon. Hope this helps
    I got there - I'm debt free and intend to stay that way. If I haven't got the cash, it doesn't get bought. It's as simple as that.
  • Sockfairy
    Options
    I love this thread and agree with so much of it. I'm quite os but mainly because I hate wasting money. especially on stuff that I'm told I "must have" by marketing people! not good at being told what to do....
    I don't do fashion, I still wear the suit I first bought when I started work 18 years ago it was good quality and still looks good now :)
    I will never spend time ironing, my other half nicked the plug off my iron 2 years ago. it can stay plugless.
    I never understand why people get so sucked in to following the crowd and worrying what they think. if they really care about you then there is no need to worry!
    I don't eat dinner (a diet that has kept me in the same suit for 18 years) except for meals out so I hate cooking and baking is just madness. pass me a glass of wine and a book please!
    £2018 in 2018 = £698.74
    £1319.26 to go!'
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    CurlyTop wrote: »
    Hi Madam

I find homebargain good on price for 1kg of Westlab Epsom Salts at £2.49, which is half the price of Amazon. Hope this helps

Thanks, I shall keep that in mind If I'm after a top up.. I normally buy my Epsom salts in the 10kg tubs and most do not stock in that size, that's when Amzon becomes cheaper.
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Am enjoying reading posts on this & other threads as there are some lovely funny posts & some threads which get me thinking :rotfl:

MM2013, thanks for the encouragement :T

DSis has made 8 trips to the Tip - back seats laid flat & the car absolutely chocker :rotfl:
    Currently stacking up the next car load :T
    DH has made 4 trips to the Bottle Bank on his motorbike with a large bag for life full of glass jars & beer bottles :rotfl:
    There are 2 full recycling bins being emptied on Tuesday
    So far there are 8 crates/boxes packed with crockery, paperwork, ornaments etc, 1 set of garden furniture, G-Plan table, DM’s sewing tin (at least 60 years old :rotfl:), 2 bedside cabinets, 1 mirror & a TV cabinet & DSis’s bed destined for the U.K. There WILL be many more boxes/crates/suitcases & there may be a couple of comfy swivel chairs so I am hoping that there will be enough space in the lorry & enough space at home :rotfl:

If I didn’t keep the positives in mind I would be tearing my hair out :eek::eek::rotfl: as there is just so much stuff :(

Anyway onwards & upwards to a Simpler Life

MrsSD
    From a sunny & very warm France - spring has definitely sprung :rotfl:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Angel_Jenny, hope everything is going well & you are managing to simplify your life. Slow & steady wins the race :)

MrsSD

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It is now looking likely that we will be back in England round about the twentieth, so we are on the last 2.5 weeks of the great French adventure :):(:):( We still have loads to do :eek: but we now have a proper timescale so we can set targets & make plans :rotfl:

I will be immensely sad when we leave our French home but I am looking forward to going back to my home :) After a couple of days back I will be reinvigorated & will go back to my decluttering with a vengeance :rotfl: - my DSis has been a revelation - she has been brutal with her decluttering (as proved by 11 Tip trips so far :rotfl:) & DH has also got rid of bags of glass & clothing/textiles ) - barely any sentimentality :T so I have a lot to live up to :rotfl:

I hope you are succeeding in your mission to simplify Angel_ Jenny perhaps you could post & let us know, pretty please :)

MrsSD

• Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Family have taken another emotional chunk out of me this week...not good. Offloading all their problems onto me, as if I have a magic wand to sort everything out. I'm not even the one that their decisions are going to effect!!! - and as far as I can tell, they haven't spoken to them!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    Family have taken another emotional chunk out of me this week...not good. Offloading all their problems onto me, as if I have a magic wand to sort everything out. I'm not even the one that their decisions are going to effect!!! - and as far as I can tell, they haven't spoken to them!!

Sea Shell, so sorry to hear about your family troubles :( Not knowing your family circumstances may I be so bold as to say - Maybe you are the one who has the sensible head & they think they can offload even though they probably realise you cannot do anything. Or maybe they wanted to say stuff out loud & use you as a sounding board?

I am more fortunate as if my DSis offloads & it is too much i fob her off on to my darling DH :rotfl: He is the less temperamental :T

MrsSD

• Angel_Jenny
    Angel_Jenny Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Angel_Jenny, hope everything is going well & you are managing to simplify your life. Slow & steady wins the race :)

MrsSD

:) I am not doing too badly! The house ......... well still plenty of decluttering to do there but I have a cleaning routine that I am trying to stick to. Plus I am working on not feeling guilty for having a 30 minute sit down to read a book as I LOVE to read! I also treated myself to some baking equipment that I can't wait to use and am also working on sorting the garden! x
  • Angel_Jenny
    Angel_Jenny Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sea_Shell wrote: »

It is a difficult role isn't it!! I end up in the counselor role even at work. Somehow everyone seems to tell me everything and I am such a worrier. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure