PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Pork stir fry for us tonight, with peppers, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms (whatever veg is lurking in the fridge) and some spinach and spring onions from the garden. Rhubarb crumble for pud.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We're having slow roasted pork shoulder with local new potatoes, roast potatoes, carrots, cabbage, hm stuffing balls, yorkshires and gravy. Should be plenty of pork left for freezing in gravy, and some for a stir fry tomorrow night as well.

sounds delish, iv got pork shoulder in the slow cooker as we speak
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gammon steaks with pineapple, hm oven chips, mushrooms and tomatoes. Very 1960s but we like it, and if it's not broken don't fix it :)
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I chucked a vege / vegan chilli together this afternoon while I had a few mins spare (so quick to cook) so there's a big pan of that for tomorrow. Used up half a packet of Ghost chilli marinade that was LO from when I used it to make some roasted veg - it was already past its BB date so another thing out of the cupboard.

OH is having HM bruschetta for dinner (first time I've made it at home and think I've made a rod for my own back now - it is very nice though even if I do say so myself)

I have a LO portion of Thai green curry and rice i've just pulled from the freezer so will have that.

Really feeling like I've got my cooking mojo back now. I have half an aubergine and a courgette to use somehow - any suggestions? Thinking I guess I could roast then use in a veggie lasagne?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »

Really feeling like I've got my cooking mojo back now. I have half an aubergine and a courgette to use somehow - any suggestions? Thinking I guess I could roast then use in a veggie lasagne?

Or I have a jar of curry sauce somewhere (poss penang) - could use them in that I guess, perhaps with some prawns, and baby corn?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Feeling a lot better today, definitely more energy. Thanks again for your kind words. I hate being ill.

Tonight I was trying to use things up, I bought some padron peppers at the weekend from Lidl, £1.09. These got lightly fried and salted. A Spanish omlette, meatballs from the freezer in a Spanish sauce, some calamari and some bread. Husband had two platefuls. I was more reserved.

Afterwards remembering my car is going for its MOT and service tomorrow so I won't be able to do the weekly shop without working out some logistics to use husband's car I went to Aldi. For the first time in weeks they had halloumi fries. Limited to two packs per customer. Rationing halloumi fries! Whatever next.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I chucked a vege / vegan chilli together this afternoon while I had a few mins spare (so quick to cook) so there's a big pan of that for tomorrow. Used up half a packet of Ghost chilli marinade that was LO from when I used it to make some roasted veg - it was already past its BB date so another thing out of the cupboard.

OH is having HM bruschetta for dinner (first time I've made it at home and think I've made a rod for my own back now - it is very nice though even if I do say so myself)

I have a LO portion of Thai green curry and rice i've just pulled from the freezer so will have that.

I once had a baked aubergine topped with stilton cheese, it was really nice.
    I like to cut courgette and carrot into really thin strips ( I have a thing that looks like a potato peeler that makes this easy) then I stir-fry them. Makes a nice change.

Or what about the Spanish dish of battered aubergine with honey.

Or layered together with tomato and mozzarella and baked.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 June 2018 at 1:20PM
    Options
    Friday is date night :kisses2: - Hubby is in charge of food :D

Edit - Made some 'Jumbleberry' Jam from an assortment of soft fruit, picked enough to make a pound jar :D

Also made Blood Orange sorbet as a treat for DH - it's his favourite, so I will have some brownie points for the weekend :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • frugalmumof3
    Options
    Friday night in our house is Pizza night , homemade of course I use the recipe from TheTakeaway Secret book, will serve with salad too
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hot pork roll for lunch, wish i had stuffing but such as life! friday treat plus the rolls are amazing, i nipped to the shop this morning and got them - tonight is a pork dinner the rest i am going to freeze
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback