Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,247 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I did a wee favour for a friend at the weekend & they very kindly gave me some dosh.
    So I have started the scooter fund.
    Very mixed feelings but it is what it is.

Happy Tuesday everyone.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • We can't control everything, beanie....but we can control how we respond to and feel about things somewhat. Look for the good points.... they're there x
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    That dress is fab Butti :) Buy it. In a 10 :rotfl::p:p

I'll get it this week in a 12!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good luck with the scooter fund. If it makes you feel safer out and about then go for it xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Butti wrote: »
    I'll get it this week in a 12!

NO way are you a 12:eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Hope the flights all went to plan for people. It's certainly made me think twice about the idea of booking with that shower again...unfortunately living near a certain Essex based "London" airport our options are often limited.

Good news that you've kicked off the scooter fund Beanie - if it's needed it's needed.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • A dress? A scooter? Both excellent ideas Beanie :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    The dress is for our Butti :)

It is certainly getting cooler now.
    I have had the heating on.
    Life is too short to be cold~~right?

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    The dress is for our Butti :)

Who is looking for a size 12 in order to smuggle beer...
    It is certainly getting cooler now.
    I have had the heating on.

I was saying this a couple of weeks ago. I put a jumper on which surprised my Mother greatly...
    Life is too short to be cold~~right?

Life gets very short if you get too cold.

Put the lights on, and stay warm. We're not the third-world yet...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • It is too short to be cold! But I am insisting that the cat (and OH) and I share body heat under blankets to try and avoid the heating. :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback