Best Android Sat Nav App

Comments

• 330d
    330d Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Ive used Copilot for a couple of years and has never let me down.
  • OP, you do realise that even though Google maps and Waze need data connection.... they will both still work if your data connection drops out...

GMaps is great but I use Waze personally, it's excellent with the traffic updates and rerouting.
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • Sygic is by far the beast Android sat nav I've come across .

What makes it so good?
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • GMaps is great but I use Waze personally, it's excellent with the traffic updates and rerouting.

I use Waze too. It is pretty decent although it has annoying popup traffic messages quite often. I switched them off in the settings but they still come up occasionally :think:
  • mealmond
    mealmond Posts: 316 Forumite
    Hi

I use Co-Pilot and have for a few years.

Never had a problem, takes me where I need to go and accepts house numbers.

Some people give bad reviews, each to their own, I have had a look at Tom Tom recently, but I cannot see it doing anything better.

Martin
    Been there, done that, now I want to do it cheaper!!
  • Stooby2
    Stooby2 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    The big problem with any of the Satnav system that use data is that when there's a major holdup, the local cell becomes very rapidly overloaded by all the users stuck in traffic, trying to use Googlemaps to find a way out, update Facebook about the queue, etc, so the data flow stops or becomes incredibly slow. (A bit like Central London at lunchtime). Personally I'd go for TomTom or something similar.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Stooby2 wrote: »
    The big problem with any of the Satnav system that use data is that when there's a major holdup, the local cell becomes very rapidly overloaded by all the users stuck in traffic, trying to use Googlemaps to find a way out, update Facebook about the queue, etc, so the data flow stops or becomes incredibly slow. (A bit like Central London at lunchtime). Personally I'd go for TomTom or something similar.
    If you download the Google Maps that cover your route that becomes a non issue :-)
  • Stooby2
    Stooby2 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    That's great until you're diverted off your route along with a whole motorway full of other drivers.
  • This may or may not be any help for people but if your finding that your GPS is a little laggy you can always change the GPS servers internally on the phone for example if you are in the UK and not Europe you can change the servers to UK servers by modifying the NTP_SERVER line in the .config file.
  • Tried Tom Tom app tonight and it was very good. Much better than Co Pilot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure