Apple warranty after one year

Options

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    luckyluca wrote: »
    Thanks, I've opted for Apple with applecare+, more expensive but less hassle.
    Going with finance in order to increase my credit rating, ironically enough I haven't incurred enough loans/mortages/debts in my life.

Be pointless since only you can see it.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    You and Apple can call it whatever you like, but regardless of the name, part of it is essentially an extended warranty.

Yes you know better than the company who is providing the actual coverage :rotfl:
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No, I know what the company provides (it's not a secret) and what 'extended warranty' (generic term) is. And, unlike you, I am capable of making a comparison.
  • System
    Options
    No, I know what the company provides (it's not a secret) and what 'extended warranty' (generic term) is. And, unlike you, I am capable of making a comparison.

Apple care is an insurance policy not an extended warranty

As per legal

NOTE ON CONSUMER LAW:

AppleCare+ is an insurance policy covering the risk of damage to your Apple Watch, HomePod, iPad, iPhone, or iPod and the need for technical assistance. AppleCare+ does not provide coverage for failure due to defects in design and/or materials and/or workmanship. Such failures will be covered separately either by your consumer law rights or the Apple Limited Warranty, or by Apple itself during the same period as the AppleCare+ Coverage Period, even if you did not purchase or lease your Apple product from Apple. If a product is defective, consumers may, in addition to any other rights which they may have under consumer law in the UK, have rights under the Consumer Rights Act of 2015.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So is an extended warranty. Like for any insurance you can pay for it, but never benefit from it. Some policies may, like Applecare, include accident protection. E.g. SquareTrade from Amazon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_warranty - 22 occupancies of word 'insurance'.

I must admit, I expected more from Apple. It's a shame that they want their fans to jump through hoops (or pay extra) after a year to have the inherent faults repaired even if they pay for Applecare.
  • System
    Options
    So is an extended warranty. Like for any insurance you can pay for it, but never benefit from it. Some policies may, like Applecare, include accident protection. E.g. SquareTrade from Amazon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_warranty - 22 occupancies of word 'insurance'.

I must admit, I expected more from Apple. It's a shame that they want their fans to jump through hoops (or pay extra) after a year to have the inherent faults repaired even if they pay for Applecare.

I don’t care what Wikipedia says. Apple care does not include it’s limited warranty or extend that limited warranty. It’s an insurance policy if you damage your phone within two years.

I don’t care what manufacturers state what their warranty cover is. What is important to me is how good the product is and the customer service in dealing with any issues.

A warranty has no baring on how long a product can last. You can get a fault on the first day you buy it to never having a problem 8 years later.

If Apple make crap products and their customer service is crap then that customer will not buy from them again. However they must be doing something right to continue to offer a product that people from all walks of life want to buy.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not completely. It includes what, essentially, is extended warranty directly from the manufacturer and, I think, is the only way to get this warranty.

You could also just buy the item direct from Apple and get a second year of warranty at no extra cost.
    ====
  • mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I dont understand why people buy apple, its the most expensive brand and you have to pay an additional three figures for a 2 year warranty that other manufacturers offer as standard.

Probs because they make the best smartphones out there (please note this may be the personal opinion of me and 1 billion other people and not your personal opinion).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mrochester wrote: »
    Probs because they make the best smartphones out there (please note this may be the personal opinion of me and 1 billion other sheep and not your personal opinion).

I corrected that for you, no need to thank me :)
  • mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I corrected that for you, no need to thank me :)

I suppose less sheep like than the 2 billion buying another operating system :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure