Cat with diarrhea

Our elderly cat has diarrhea - the vet has found nothing amiss with him
Is it worth/safe trying some of this https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/protexin-pro-kolin-plus-for-dogs-cats?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7o7g2ZXA4AIVyrvtCh1DDQfaEAQYAyABEgJ3ZvD_BwE
It says "Cats and Dogs" but no user reports from cat owners

Comments

• GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yes it’s safe for cats.

A diet of chicken and broth for a few days is an ideal way to settle a bad tummy.

What is your cats usual diet?
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    GwylimT wrote: »
    Yes it’s safe for cats.

A diet of chicken and broth for a few days is an ideal way to settle a bad tummy.

What is your cats usual diet?
    He normally eats Gourmet perle sachets (won't touch anything else) plus dry purina one - but tends to wander - so we think that he eats at neighbours as well !
    He is 15 years old
  • GwylimT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    He normally eats Gourmet perle sachets (won't touch anything else) plus dry purina one - but tends to wander - so we think that he eats at neighbours as well !
    He is 15 years old

Be careful with the dry food, it is a big cause of kidney, urine and stool problems in cats, if possiblw try increasing the wet and getting rid of the dry, especially such a poor quality dry, thrive is better, but still of course causes dehydration.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    GwylimT wrote: »
    Be careful with the dry food, it is a big cause of kidney, urine and stool problems in cats, if possiblw try increasing the wet and getting rid of the dry, especially such a poor quality dry, thrive is better, but still of course causes dehydration.

He is ALWAYS hungy - he is fed (often hourly) with wet food and in between be helps himself to dry food.....
    He had half of his thyroid removed - 5 years ago - but still eats for England - doesn't put on or lose any weight - weighs 6 kg

No idea what is wrong with him - has always been very clingy with my wife (at least since his twin sister disappeared 10 years ago)
    I am convinced that it is thyroidal - but not according to the vet
  • GwylimT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    He is ALWAYS hungy - he is fed (often hourly) with wet food and in between be helps himself to dry food.....
    He had half of his thyroid removed - 5 years ago - but still eats for England - doesn't put on or lose any weight - weighs 6 kg

No idea what is wrong with him - has always been very clingy with my wife (at least since his twin sister disappeared 10 years ago)
    I am convinced that it is thyroidal - but not according to the vet

6kg is a fairly standard weight, and many cats graze, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

We have two, a persian and a norwegian forest cat, they could both eat for England, the persian is rather small at 5kg, the NFC is 9.5kg.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure