Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• I like the idea of the baked oats Denise, but can only have at weekend really, as I would prefer them warm. Is there a similar option to the bake a cake in a mug in microwave that you are aware of, or do I just experiment?

Breakfasts are the most difficult I find, so my "treat" breakfast at work will be scrambled eggs on toast, or turkey rashers roll, as they can be done in the microwave. I can't stomach the thought of food before leaving for work!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 6 December 2018 at 2:21PM
    GTQ Not aware of being able to do cake like things with oats in the microwave. Maybe it might be worth experimenting a bit. You could do flavoured porridge in the microwave, not the same but at least it would be filling.

Not sure if you go to group but if you do there is a section under "Useful Features" on the website where they have meals in a microwave - not sure if there might be something of use in that. Worth a look. You can certainly do a sort of omelette in a mug!

Went to WI this morning and was happy to see a small loss of 0.5lb! Damage limitation obviously worked from Monday to today!

Today's plan:

B - fruit - after WI
    L - spinach, sweet potato & feta parcel (9.5 syns for 2:eek:); sweet jacket potato
    D - bean cassoulet & mash (cassoulet from freezer - recipe from website but used red wine stock pot rather than wine as didn't have any open when I made it!)

HEA - milk as usual
    HEB - not decided but may have a couple of hifi or some toast this evening
    Syns - feta 3.5; filo pastry 6

Denise
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hello All
    Sorry have been awol for a bit went massively off plan the last few weeks especially over my birthday, put on 6lbs but managed to loose 6lbs this week so back where I started again, bit of a relief.
    Will try to stay on plan as much as possible but lots of family visits and days out in the run up to Christmas and then the actual Christmas, but I have decided to not go crazy, but still enjoy it, then come January to start a fresh without guilt!
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Wonder what weigh in will bring tonight?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    Good luck Beanie tonight. You'll be fine - you've been plodding all week!

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    joedenise wrote: »
    Good luck Beanie tonight. You'll be fine - you've been plodding all week!

Denise

Always plodding one way or another :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »

Well, as I have synned, I am expecting a gain:o
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »

What matters is that you go and then you'll know exactly where you stand. Far better than worrying about it IMO.:)

Well done on your loss denise. Reining back obviously worked.:T

Good to see you sirens. You've done well to turn it around. :)

I quite like the cold overnight oats for a change gtq. They can be a bit claggy but much more filling than a measly portion of bran flakes. I use the Aldi red fruits too with a small amount of sweetener and sometimes a few drops of almond essence.

I'm drawing a line under what I've had in the past 24 hours. DH and I had a really good time but some of the options weren't SW friendly. Mainly white bread but I enjoyed all the extra syns except for an OK little pudding which I could have done without but as it was a set menu I ate it. I suppose I could have fed it to DH but too late now.

Bolognese from the freezer tonight so all SW friendly. I think I'll grate a few syns of Parmesan as a few more won't make that much difference.:)
  • joedenise
    I always think a little sprinkle of parmasan makes a bolognaise. You don't need much so pretty low syn. Definitely worth a syn or 2!

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I like the idea of the baked oats Denise, but can only have at weekend really, as I would prefer them warm. Is there a similar option to the bake a cake in a mug in microwave that you are aware of, or do I just experiment?

Breakfasts are the most difficult I find, so my "treat" breakfast at work will be scrambled eggs on toast, or turkey rashers roll, as they can be done in the microwave. I can't stomach the thought of food before leaving for work!
    You can make a cake in a mug i will see if i can find recipe for you, someone that posts on my group does it
    I dont find overnight oats claggy at all but then i put fruit, oats, yoghurt and repeat 3 times topping off with fruit and because it frozen, i leave out overnight , pop in my bag and toddle off to work then have it in the car once i have dropped dh off:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure