Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Comments

• I didn't sleep well last night, still awake at 1am when all the 'first of the month' dds went out, so I ynabed it all and filly tidied the pots. Halifxx have taken the 'old' monthly amount, I assume it's Becuase the new deal started on the 1st and payments are made in arrears not advance, am I right?

I've done 1 day of the 1p a day challenge, worked out my mini targets for the mop pot this month, and one was so straight forward it's already done. I also sold the baby play pen today, only £10, but it's £10 more than I had and it's out of my house. Someone also posted on a fab group last night iso nursing tops, so I dug my selection out and posted what I've got in case she's interested. That could net up to £50, so we'll see, I've got the photos now so, if she's not interested I'll post them on the boot sale app.

Not a nsd, took the Pickle to soft play this afternoon with a friend who finds school holidays really hard due to her mental health difficulties. Didn't partake in any of the snacks and drinks though. Tomorrow I'm hosting a play date for pickle's friends. I can't cope with a free for all, so I've planned a few activities based around a favourite book that includes making lunch. I do need to pop out first thing and buy some veggies to go with lunch, I'd forgotten I needed to feed Pickle lunch this week with him not being at the childminder this week oops!

Just waiting for Pickle to give in to sleep then I can finish the play date prep. Still having an issue with the landline line rental saver, so that needs shifting to tomorrow's todo list. Boooooo
    Have a lovely evening everyone.

Wish.

mse April Goals

1) Mop Pot
    a) next brick on the countdown house: £6.83/£6.83 :j
    b) interest added: £4.26/£61.95
    C) £400 capital reduction: 0/£102.11
    D) mfw 2018 challenge amount: 0/£39.11

2) 13 Step plan funding
    return off set pot to pre new fix level £177.62/£542.62

3) nsds
    1/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    5/30

5) use the debit card
    1/20

6) save the £2 coins (update monthly)

7) get in size 14 jeans (update monthly)[/QUOTE]
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Evening all, finally going to bed. Mum and Dad have made an unexpected visit, not entirely sure the ins and outs of their current travels, but it is lovely to see them, and well worth spending out on a takeaway this evening (although I know they'll contribute in kind to something else at some point. )

Had a lovely play date for Pickle this morning a themed play date with lunch, which didn't cost me a penny.
    Have finally managed to sort my line rental saver, but due to issues they've already generated this month's bill, which is significantly higher than it should be due to all the issues. It does mean I should be in credit for most of May's bill, so it will work out just frustrating. So the £50+ of 'extra' in the annual line rental pot had to be split between extra on the monthly bill as well as the mop pot and STEP3.
    1 day of the 1p challenge & Tilly tidies done.

Tomorrow is a trip out with a friend, hoping to get the washing out on the line before I go and that's about it. Another boring day financially it seems.

Oh, I did pay my line rental on my rewards cc, and takeaway on my halifxx debit to get cashback rewards & via tab to get a huge cashback of 1.05%. Go me!

Wish.

mse April Goals

1) Mop Pot
    b) interest added: £10.71/£61.95

2) 13 Step plan funding
    return off set pot to pre new fix level £207.62/£542.62

3) nsds
    1/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    6/30

5) use the debit card
    1/20

7) get in size 14 jeans (update monthly)
  • An accidental nsd today, not that I'm complaining. Went to a nt place and I fell over, in he mud, so we ended up comin Home for lunch, rather than eating there.
    I have damaged my foot though and I'm in a lot of pain. I'm hoping it will ease up overnight and I've done nothing this evening in order to rest it as much as possible. Hubby is away, so I've got to keep going whilst Pickle is up.

Mum and dad left £20 in cash as their contribution towards the takeaway last night. If I had a bank close by, I would actually be paying it in as I'm getting a fair bit of cash in my purse at the mo, I don't want to spend cash, I want to put everything on my rewards credit card and pay the credit card off with my debit card to get my £5 reward. Oh well, never mind.

No idea what's happening tomorrow, depends on my foot.

Off to bed now, feeling sad and miserable. (Yes, it's only 8:30, but I might as well as I can't do anything useful)

1 day of the 1p a day challenge & associated tilly tidies done.

Wish.

mse April Goals

1) Mop Pot
    b) interest added: £10.75/£61.95

2) 13 Step plan funding
    return off set pot to pre new fix level £207.62/£542.62

3) nsds
    2/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    7/30

5) use the debit card
    1/20

7) get in size 14 jeans (update monthly)
  • Sorry to hear about the foot, Wish! Hope it eases overnight!!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Oh no, poor you :eek:

Hope it's better tomorrow, take care xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ive just been catching up with your diary wishing - you are so focused well done! I hope the foot is a bit better today :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Thank you all, just walked to the bathroom and back owwwwww! No bruise though and no swelling I can see, so it's an interesting 'injury' I'll see how it goes, I don't think it's serious enough To bother a&e with, but it does hurt. I'll keep the painkillers topped up today and see what happens.

I'm other news, I'd forgotten that you can pay money into your bank account at a post office, need to check whether I can for any of my accounts, but that could be very useful.

Have a lovely day everyone. The Pickle has had a lie in, but is waking up now.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Plenty of ice/frozen peas today. get rid of any swelling (may well be some inside that you cant necesarily see yet). 10mins on, 1 hr off, then repeat as many times as possible.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Plenty of ice/frozen peas today. get rid of any swelling (may well be some inside that you cant necesarily see yet). 10mins on, 1 hr off, then repeat as many times as possible.

Thank you, I've been icing as much as I can with a 'nearly 2 year old' to run around after.
    Strangely, strapping it into my shoes this morning made it far more comfortable, I'm just about to take my shoes off and see what it's like now we are at the end of the day.

Thank you all for your best wishes.
  • newgirly wrote: »
    Ive just been catching up with your diary wishing - you are so focused well done! I hope the foot is a bit better today :)

Thank you Newgirly, I do try and keep the targets moving so I don't lose interest, I am becoming a little bit of a tightwad though, so I may just have to loosen the purse strings slightly at some point.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure