Default Without Default Notice

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    BBOA wrote: »
    @Jimmy I have done, they just keep writing to me maintaining its valid. I have escalated the complaint but you are correct I have not contacted the FOS. So far they haven’t provided even a final notice for payment let alone a default notice.

If it's for an OD then as per above they are not required to.

Have you moved address from where you had the OD listed and did you update your details when you moved?
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 March 2019 at 3:57PM
    Options
    … they just keep writing to me maintaining its valid. I have escalated the complaint but you are correct I have not contacted the FOS.
    Why are fixated on a default notice for an account that you say is not yours. You are wasting a lot of energy querying something that doesn't matter (and is not relevant). If you are adamant that the debt is not yours, then you should have escalated to both the FOS and the ICO by now...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why are fixated on a default notice for an account that you say is not yours. You are wasting a lot of energy querying something that doesn't matter (and is not relevant). If you are adamant that the debt is not yours, then you should have escalated to both the FOS and the ICO by now...

I believe it is OP's and they are trying to get out of it with the "no default notice" claim.

How does OP know it's for an OD if the debt isn't theirs?
  • BBOA
    BBOA Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options

I’m fixated on it because the default on my account has a negative affect on my credit file and is completely unwarranted That’s My issue.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I’m fixated on it because the default on my account has a negative affect on my credit file and is completely unwarranted That’s My issue.

Why though?
    Is it your debt?
    If not, then how do you know what it relates to (an overdraft)?
    If it is yours, then I don't understand what the fuss is about?
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Sorry, but it does not make sense. If the debt is not yours, then you should take your complaint to the regulatory bodies to preside over. If they were to find in your favour then the default will be removed automatically.

Your arguments do not add up...You are continuing to discuss the issue with strangers on an internet forum, when you had the advice months ago and have chosen to ignore it...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• BBOA
    Options
    Sorry, but it does not make sense. If the debt is not yours, then you should take your complaint to the regulatory bodies to preside over. If they were to find in your favour then the default will be removed automatically.

Your arguments do not add up...You are continuing to discuss the issue with strangers on an internet forum, when you had the advice months ago and have chosen to ignore it...

Hello I was seeking advice as I believed the quickest way was to resolve it myself rather than wait for the 8 week time frame for an ICO investigation, that was in hindsight an error on my part. As for discussing it here, I believed this was a forum in which such topics can be discussed in the name or information exchange . If not then I will not post any more queries. Thanks for taking the time Gary.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    As for discussing it here, I believed this was a forum in which such topics can be discussed in the name or information exchange . If not then I will not post any more queries. Thanks for taking the time Gary.

But you've not answered any of the questions proposed to you?

Besides that your original request was from June last year, which is just a *tad* more than 8 weeks ago...
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    I was seeking advice as I believed the quickest way was to resolve it myself rather than wait for the 8 week time frame for an ICO investigation, that was in hindsight an error on my part. As for discussing it here, I believed this was a forum in which such topics can be discussed in the name or information exchange . If not then I will not post any more queries.
    There is no problem with you seeking advice. It is just that we are giving up our precious time to try and give the best advice we can. It is tremendously frustrating when it is ignored, and when there is no coherent argument as to why that is the case...

I love my job

• BBOA
    Options
    Undestand. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income