PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th March 2019

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,704
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Round YS = yellow stickered i.e. end-of-day price reductions.

You automatically subscribe if you POST in a thread (unless you altered the default settings) lurkers, however, must opt to subscribe.

Fell asleep halfway through Baptiste last night, until something noisy on there woke me, so came to bed. I had thought I was coming down with something but feel fine today.

Going to get up shortly.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 3,947
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Valli wrote: »
    Round YS = yellow stickered i.e. end-of-day price reductions.

You automatically subscribe if you POST in a thread (unless you altered the default settings) lurkers, however, must opt to subscribe.

Thank you Valli xx I haven't touched my default settings - well, not knowingly anyway :D

Time to put out the rubbish and recycling, then feed the birds and heigh ho heigh ho...

Have a good day
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Valli
    Forumite
    Coffee in hand. Back in bed.
    While the kettle was boiling I pegged out the bedding. Planning Campfire Stew for tea (SC). So I'll not be lingering long here as I also want to do some ironing and, maybe, clean dining room before I head into work.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Good morning!
    Please may I join?
    I've been on a decluttering journey, largely achieved, although always ongoing. My biggest challenge now is keeping up with the housework which mostly falls to me and, with working full-time, I seem to always be on catch up at the weekend. I just about keep up with the food shopping (thank goodness for online), laundry and dailies, it's all the other stuff that doesn't get done as often as I'd like :(.
    If I can just manage a few jobs on the list in one room each evening before I collapse on the sofa, I think that would help...
    Right, best get myself to work, have a good day everyone.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • Valli
    Forumite
    If I can just manage a few jobs on the list in one room each evening before I collapse on the sofa, I think that would help...

You'll be surprised just how quickly it DOES help. Welcome to the thread.

As for me, up, showered, dried and dressed, breakfast scoffed.

First job - slow cooker...

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning all. It's nice outside at the moment and I've got some washing pegged out. I've vacuumed through downstairs and washed the kitchen floor which should dry quickly with the sun on it.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning

Bed done
    WM on the go, first lot out on line
    Whole house hoovered
    Kitchen floor done
    Bins done, rubbish abd recycling out
    Dr's appointment, to talk about my blood results, last year they sent me them in a letter and the Dr's phoned me, so as neither have happened this year, I am guessing (but that can be a bad thing) that I must have improved my type 2 results, I will see.
    Machine walking done
    Food list made
    Loads of small admin stuff done
    I'm on a roll ATM
    Not surew how much I have lost this week, but over all it is 19lbs, get going.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 18 March 2019 at 2:14PM
    Raring to go but came on to see my jobs for the day and here I still am. :D

House is looking pretty good at the moment but would like to keep it that way and maybe even paint the parts that need it. Would like to move and also looking for a job so when I start I won't have as much time. One interview invite ended up in spam; only found it 5 hours after the interview. :( Did call just in case they could fit me in but no joy. :(
    Have applied for another job which I am more than qualified for but as I haven't worked for nearly 15 years it does go against me. :(

I won't be sticking to the suggested flying list as I get the feeling I want to start at the top and work my way down this week. Made harder as robot vac broke and waiting for a new part. :( Manual vacuum cleaning it is for me; this is massively going to slow me down as my house is quite large but it's good exercise and weight loss is not going well. :(

On the positive the sun is shining. :) Actually off to fly now rather than chatting about it. :D

Ensuite and main bathrooms cleaned in a good S&S fashion (somewhere between a S&S and a thorough clean.)

Popped to £land to buy a new mop head and picked up a blind cleaner there; I don't have blinds but having tried it out it works well with my smaller column radiators. I just need to find a bigger one (at a small price) for the bigger radiators.
  • I have messed with my defaults, I couldn't cope with all the emails I would get otherwise, so I subscribe to threads then access what I want to read (At he correct place) via 'unread posts' on my profile page.

Anyway, quick check in while Pickle consumes second breakfast.

Monday
    [STRIKE]Empty DW and put away
    All dry washing away
    WM (surely there can't be more than 1 load)[/STRIKE]
    Hang up wet stuff
    Box and work bag away
    Stuff to loft
    Some shredding
    [STRIKE]Tip trip
    Dentist for Pickle[/STRIKE]
    Fun for Pickle with his friends
    Keep house reasonably tidy
    Recycling & rubbish out
    Food shop - Ald1 not done
    [STRIKE]Banking checks and reconciliations
    Respond to supply text - say yes, you need the pennies. [/STRIKE]

This week
    Box of stuff to book selling website
    Box of unwanted books to cs
    Pack for weekend away[/QUOTE]
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • babs
    babs Posts: 517
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I am in again this week.. bit of a late start though as been procrastinating and browsing Pinterest! So off to have an hour blitz!
    £2021 in 2021... £253.86/£2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport