IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

2 separate letters from BW Legal - Britannia Parking

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I was not the driver, so any further correspondents from you to pursue payment from me as a keeper will be seen as harassment as I remain in honor and offer remedy.
    Could you please translate this in laymen's terms, for those of us who don't understand what this means? It will help others.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mixMZ
    mixMZ Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Could you please translate this in laymen's terms, for those of us who don't understand what this means? It will help others.

well, idea was to offer them solution for reasonable fee, and its up to them if they are willing to buy that information. In the case ,if that goes to court I would use that point in my defence as I was willing to be "cooperative" stayed honest and provided alternative solution they ignored knowing the fact I was not the driver anyway.

have I phrased it that badly:/?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    As well as not understanding it, using American spelling lowers its standing, in my view - honorstly!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mixMZ
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    As well as not understanding it, using American spelling lowers its standing, in my view - honorstly!

Sorry, English is not my first language. If you don`t mind ,I would appreciate your suggestion ,how should this sentence be written?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Like to help, but I can't understand what it's meant to mean, either.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mixMZ wrote: »
    well, idea was to offer them solution for reasonable fee, and its up to them if they are willing to buy that information. In the case ,if that goes to court I would use that point in my defence as I was willing to be "cooperative" stayed honest and provided alternative solution they ignored knowing the fact I was not the driver anyway.

Not sure if that really helps your situation to be honest. If they've issued you POFA compliant Notices to Keeper then you offering driver details for a fee will be ignored (they would have undoubtedly ignored it anyways). Seeing as it's Britannia, they usually are POFA compliant with NTKs (with the exception of a few golden tickets sent out once every blue moon) so can attempt to hold you as keeper liable for the original charge (i.e. the higher PCN amount but none of that debt collection/initial legal costs/instruction fee nonsense)

The implied right of access part is also not really relevant as BWLegal will not waste their time knocking on your door to reclaim the debt. The Letter of claims sent show you what they are planning to do and that is possibly issue court proceedings.

Have you tried getting a landowner cancellation? Not sure who owns the West Quay retail park but if you've shopped there, an angry customer who will take their money elsewhere may encourage them to cancel.

Did you not consider just removing your liability by naming the driver who now lives back in Europe?
  • mixMZ
    Just got response from BP to my email.
    doesn't look like they actually read what is sent to them...
    Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received your Subject Access Request, under ICO guidelines we have one calendar month to respond.

Please be aware we will send a copy of all personal data we hold only. If you have made a request for any additional information which does not qualify as personal data, please see below.

YOU’RE REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Landowner agreement - You are not entitled to business sensitive information, it will only be supplied at court, as evidence and not before.
    Contract with the driver - The contract is on the signage in the car park. A copy of the signage will be provided as evidence at court.
    Machine reports - You are not entitled to transactions which do not relate to you, you will be provided with your transaction only. We are under no obligation to provide you with anything further.
    Picture packs - A copy of the signage will be provided as evidence at court.
    Your SAR request is free, however please be aware we are able to charge for additional copies and any requests for information we consider to be manifestly unfounded or excessive. ICO guidelines advise we are able to charge a reasonable administration fee, which is £10.

Please send a cheque payable to Britannia Parking to the following address: Data Protection Officer, County Gates House, 7th Floor, 300 Poole Road, Poole, BH12 1AZ.

Include a list of the additional information you require and the PCN number/s. Once the cheque has cleared we will action your request. We will only send additional information which is not business sensitive.

Please refer to the ICO website for further information: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-of-access/

If you do not wish to pay £10, we are under no obligation to provide you with the information, your only options is to wait until this matter progresses to court, when it will be adduced as evidence.

Once you are in receipt of your SAR, all additional correspondence regarding the request for additional information will not be responded to, unless payment of £10 is received.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    YOU’RE REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    Did they really spell it like that??
  • mixMZ
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Did they really spell it like that??

its a copy & paste ... haven't changed a thing.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Wow, it just goes to show how intelligent they really are!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure