the hedgehog's balloons.

Comments

• You've just used the French spelling Cross Rabbit :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Greent yes they are Percy the park keeper stories. I was trying to come up with a user name and DD2 was reading the cross rabbit and was giggling very loudly at his antics. DD1 always loved the hedgehog's balloons (correct spelling) when she was little and would hug herself when the hedgehog finally got his balloon. So whenever I come on here it makes me smile
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 August 2018 at 2:22PM
    Fortune up till your post I felt a bit of a dibber for spelling it wrong and was going to start a new diary. However I've managed to change it.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    My daughter loved 'Percy Parky' books (and videos) - very gentle stories :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • So been and picked my in laws up from the station. My Fil has managed to not only go to the wrong hotel this weekend (had to walk 30 minutes to get to the right one),but got off the train with someone else's bag. It's just another chapter in the chronicles of mr cross rabbit senior. Been and utilised the allotment, harvested broccoli, carrots, potatoes, and cabbage. My dad and his second family are coming for tea. Must remember to put something in for me as I'm the only one who is a vegetarian and always forget when doing a big meal. Cake from oh leaving do on Friday so dinner for 8 hasn't cost much and hopefully there will be leftovers for sandwiches.
  • Been to the bank to set up op as a standing order. Shuffled other savings to accommodate it reduced slush fund to £150 a month, car fund to £250 and upped payment to mum to £250. Bank of mum should be paid by Christmas next year which hopefully will mean we can overpay more.:j on other note doctor is sending me for blood tests to see if l'm pre menopausal :eek:
  • Started looking at our finances last night to see if we can pay off more than just £50 a month. I've been reading lots of other diaries where people are paying phenomenal amounts off each month and I have to admit of feeling rather jealous. However I'm not sure it's possible at the moment as it would need th be paid consistently to make any difference. I think that will be the hardest part. I had thought about having a pot for change and add that each month but forgot I already have these set up for other things. 1, 2 and 5p are to pay for ice creams and other treats on holiday next year. 10 and 20p are been saved to put towards a biking holiday or Norway in 3 years time. 50p and £1 coins are saved to pay for the girls bus to school. £2 coins are swapped with my mum who collects them.
  • Our fixed rate mortgage ends in late January. With this in mind I've decided to set my self a 4 month challenge to look at 4 different areas of our lives to see if we can save money.
    1) SEPTEMBER- Shopping mainly food and cleaning products. I've managed to reduce our food bill from a eye watering £600 a month to £500. We eat mainly an organic diet. Although we could alter this we feel very strongly about this and since we are not in debt (except bank of mum) and pay credit cards in full when we use them, I'm not prepared to alter it. However I do shop around and often it can be reduced and I know the times of reductions in our local supermarkets. The food bill is also high as I have to eat a gluten free diet and DD2 has to eat a high calorie diet (gets to eat lots lots of yummy cakes,biscuits and chocolate). So this month I'm going to look at the non organic food we buy and see if we can down brand. I know Aldeee does do some organic food as I've been going there for the last couple of weeks. Once I've gained abit more confidence with baking and cooking gluten free alternatives I think it will save me quite abit money. I also need to maximise the allotments and meal plan around whats up there which should reduce the bill further.
    2) October- Travel. We have two cars and the girls use public transport to get to and from school. Not sure how much we spend on travel as OH has just started his new job so need a month to see how much extra its costing us. Bus fares have gone up for DD1 as she is now 16 so not sure how much its going to cost us monthly at the moment.
    3) November- Mortgage. Start looking at getting a better mortgage deal.
    4) December- Holidays/ Entertainment/Birthdays. We love going away. We only holiday in the UK but we really do like to go away. Camping is out as its almost impossible with DD2 who has point blank refused to do it again. We are really lucky to know people who have places and pay mates rates, so often use them or the YHA.
    I think looking at these areas will help highlight where we could save money as well as looking at the obvious insurance renewasl etc. Anyway need to refocus on today as need to take DD1 and 2 to the opticians. DD1 is off into town to meet a friend, told her if she is eating in town she needs to pay for it out her own money. I used to give her money for food but since she's turned 16 I've stopped it as she needs to learn to budget her pocket money. DD2 has opted to go to her granma's tonight as we are going to the coast tomorrow with my mum and it means she'll get an extra hour in bed. Must remember to charge her chair tonight.
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 August 2018 at 5:01PM
    Had to go back into town again as forgot to pay off the credit card:wall: but did it after I'd took DD2 to my mum's so no additional journey and used my residents parking permit so no parking fees. Found time to sit in the garden this pm to watch the butterflies on the buddleia. Currently dying an old duvet to make into a dog bed and DD1 white shorts which she was going to throw out (her granma bought them and she hates the colour) so they are been dyed her hogwarts house colour- green.
  • Had a great day out on Friday at the coast but it was a long drive and preferred the other seaside town we visited last week. Saturday oh and I went to the allotment whilst DD2 went out with her PA. Harvested apples. Carrots, beetroots and a whole host of other stuff. Gave DD2 PA a huge carrier bag of stuff. Spent several hours making veggie lasagnas, etc with produce. DD1 and OH went out with junior rangers on a bat walk. Today we went to Liverpool to see the terracotta warriors and I'm looking forward to getting home as the train was delayed over 40 minutes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback