Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good evening, just a quick update....

48p tcb arrived so overpaid that with some surplus in a bills account so another £2.41 overpaid and that's money we will never have to pay interest on again.

Have 'borrowed' £100 from food account until Cb lands on Tuesday so spends need to remain low. Dh did a very small top up shop today and I think tomorrow we will just need milk and crisps so budget wise we should continue to tick along nicely.

Have a very tired household this week so the end of the working/school week is needed. Last weekend was busy for us all and I think it has caught up with us all now!
    We will keep plodding until payday, chipping away at the mortgage and our goals.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    edited 16 March 2019 at 12:36PM
    Options
    March spends

Supermarket £211.72
    Fuel £50.50
  • CathT
    Options
    Spends have taken a bit of a hike as we bought some things for the house yesterday. We were tempted by a new unit but a re-shuffle of existing furniture again saved us a trip to ik3a. I had spotted some flameless effect grey candles on a crafty page for £30 I was tempted by but found them in the r@nge yesterday for £10 which was a great saving and they look really effective.

Have done a couple of surveys on y0ugov and £3.70 requested from tcb today - need to make more effort with daily clicks as not much left to reach payable and no online purchases planned.

Smashed the gym yesterday and today but diet wasn't great yesterday. Have tracked really well today so will just ignore the bottle of gin that was an impulse buy yesterday!

Think I'm due a nap as have done over 13k steps, a heavy weight workout this morning and was up half the night with dd who is suffering with her first proper cold. Thankfully having Friday off is making today feel like a Sunday when In fact we all still have an extra day off together. Every cloud and all that!
  • CathT
    Options
    Morning all.

Feeling a bit out of routine this morning as not gone to the gym and still sat here drinking coffee. Dh is in work and I've just done 2 consecutive days at the gym so going to do some upper body weights at home in a bit. I could love my workout day but that means an additional gym day after work which is never a guarantee I'll make it there!

House needs a bit of a general tidy after moving furniture and upstairs needs a once over. Will put some music on and tackle that in a bit as it all counts towards my daily steps so will save me 'stepping' later.

Have a page in my diary full of random numbers which currently makes sense in terms of money shuffling this week to survive until payday. The joint account will be sparse but importantly in credit and we have just over £60 left in food/fuel. Somehow the £100 surplus I thought we'd have on payday has not materialised! In an effort to help with costs I made my veggie/lentil mix yesterday and cooked off some vegetarian sausages for lunches/dinner for a few days. It's really filling and excellent macros and hopefully all the nutrients will keep me on track and prevent another binge!

Right, off to tackle all the jobs I've said I'll do......
  • CathT
    Options
    Wow this pre-payday money shuffle is getting complicated! Just done some calculations ready for cb landing in account tomorrow and to send money to cc as using it for food/fuel spends to help offset the balance a little each month. Have sent a payment to cc and made a note to send some more at the end of the week so that main account can stay in credit. I am determined we will end the week with money left in food/fuel account as we always come in under budget by £100 but I don't know where that money goes!!

Hit my daily goals of hitting macros and steps (on 16k but off to bed soon). Feeling tired but not hungry so that's an improvement on a couple of weeks ago!

Got outbid on an 3bay item earlier and that's probably my only money saving activity of the day ;)

March spends

Supermarket £228.09
    Fuel £60.50
  • CathT
    edited 21 March 2019 at 9:16PM
    Options
    Good morning.

Well it's 2 days until payday and we are not doing too badly at all. Did have a bit of an expensive day off together last week which emptied the accounts a little. However, instead of having already started on next months budget we have £36 in food account and only owe the joking account £8 but are still technically in credit. Need to make some plans for this months wages especially as dh has another 5 week pay.

Overpayments have stalled whilst we crawl towards payday but had a £3.70 tcb payment land in account today so have overpaid that. Daily clicks have reduced on there but with little time and effort I can clear £1.20 a week which will add up.

Shouldn't have any spends other than milk before payday even though dh texts me daily from work each morning to see if we need any shopping!

Have a good hump day everyone, gym for me later and may have to go tomorrow aswell as remembered I'm giving blood on Friday evening which may mean no workout Saturday. Am now really wishing I'd also gone to the gym yesterday!

March spends

Supermarket £236.61
    Fuel £104.50
  • CathT
    Options
    A productive day almost over. Remained dedicated and went to the gym after work, really pushed myself and increased weights on leg extension (up to 50kg on there now). Did 35 minutes of weights but some exercises were supersets to cut down on rest times so I could get through it quicker. 15k steps smashed too and almost 5k ahead for the week so far.

Dh did a small shop as I realised we needed wraps and crisps so I need to add £8.52 to our running total. Running out of batch cooked food for my lunches so cooked off some vegetarian sausages after work to bulk it out. Topped up supplies for childrens' lunches so no pricey school meals needed this week.

Some money saving activity has happened today, washing line dried and 50p survey done on y0ugov. Just remembered tcb daily clicks so will do that now then it's time to sleep, nearly napped after the gym so bedtime is well overdue.
  • CathT
    Options
    We made it to payday and surprisingly no food spends today :j
    Have updated spreadsheet on laptop in anticipation of payday and mortgage overpayments tomorrow. An additional overpayment of £150 would see us in the 60's once mortgage goes out on the 1st April. (this may come from dh wages next week :D) We do need to re-think our mortgage overpayments from next month as our interest rate drops and there will be almost 1% between the two mortgages so may have to start overpaying part 2 (borrowed for the extension). Psychologically I am not ready to neglect the larger Part 1 :rotfl:
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Starting with a 6 Cath. That's amazing :D we're soon to be op with FD. Do you send them small overpayments when you have them or save them up and actually pay them once a week or month? I only ask as you can't seem to pay to the mortgage on the app (although I can see the balance) but you can pay online and I hardly ever go on there. TIA.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Whoop! :T to 60s! - and if the smaller mtge has the higher int rate you know it makes sense to OP that one.... ;) (plus, as it's smaller, it may be easiest to clear first?)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure